4.3.0.30 Update - No Icon / Not Signed?

smc007i

Hi,

1) I've noticed on my QNAP that the last couple of updates aren't installing with the Emby icon, they just have a default QPKG icon. Previously I'd get the proper Emby Icon.  I wondered why this was happening.

2) On this latest install 4.3.0.30 I received a warning when I manually added the .qpkg file this message popped up "Digital signature warning.  This application does not have a valid digital signature to confirm its publisher or file integrity.  Install this applciation may impact NAS security. Are you sure you want to continue" I don't remember this in the past, perhaps this is linked to 1) ?

3) When selecting the download from the emby website, I find it pretty confusing selecting which file to download.  Could the flies not be organised by model number, rather than architecture?  I spent about 10mins googling and looking on the QNAP website, but have no idea how to correlate my QNAP to the options offered.  I've just been downloading the first file on the list (QNAP X64) and it seems to work, but not sure what suits my TS-453A best, where can I find out?

Thanks,

S

1) I've noticed on my QNAP that the last couple of updates aren't installing with the Emby icon, they just have a default QPKG icon. Previously I'd get the proper Emby Icon.  I wondered why this was happening.

We're following Qnap guidelines but we'll take another look.

• Like 1

2) On this latest install 4.3.0.30 I received a warning when I manually added the .qpkg file this message popped up "Digital signature warning.  This application does not have a valid digital signature to confirm its publisher or file integrity.  Install this applciation may impact NAS security. Are you sure you want to continue" I don't remember this in the past, perhaps this is linked to 1) ?

Yes this is on our to do list.

• Like 1

3) When selecting the download from the emby website, I find it pretty confusing selecting which file to download.  Could the flies not be organised by model number, rather than architecture?  I spent about 10mins googling and looking on the QNAP website, but have no idea how to correlate my QNAP to the options offered.  I've just been downloading the first file on the list (QNAP X64) and it seems to work, but not sure what suits my TS-453A best, where can I find out?

Well yes i agree, but when I asked a qnap rep the same thing, they said they don't have such a list. If someone is willing to help compile one, we could potentially utilize it.

• Like 1

Well yes i agree, but when I asked a qnap rep the same thing, they said they don't have such a list. If someone is willing to help compile one, we could potentially utilize it.

Thanks for all the replies.

What is the QNAP X64 a reference to? It's it the chip set? Or OS? I'll try and look into it and see if a list can be compiled.

x64 would be for 64-bit models. That's the easy one to identify, it's the others that are more difficult.

• 3 years later...
smc007i
On 01/12/2019 at 19:08, Luke said:

Yes this is on our to do list.

With reference to the "Digital signature warning", it's been a number of years now and still this prompt appears when installing an upgrade. 

Are there any plans to get Emby on the official list/store and also make it 'self upgrading'?

My QNAP security app is always highlighting that I have an unofficial app install and also that I have the setting on to allow unofficial apps to be installed turned on.  It would be nice to also get rid of these alerts with an formally recognised Emby app.

Thanks,

S

On 8/23/2023 at 6:18 AM, smc007i said:

With reference to the "Digital signature warning", it's been a number of years now and still this prompt appears when installing an upgrade. 

Are there any plans to get Emby on the official list/store and also make it 'self upgrading'?

My QNAP security app is always highlighting that I have an unofficial app install and also that I have the setting on to allow unofficial apps to be installed turned on.  It would be nice to also get rid of these alerts with an formally recognised Emby app.

Thanks,

S

HI, yes we are going to keep trying to get listed in the official QNAP catalog.