OSD, Informations on languages and home screen

Hyp3rD

Hello, I would like to make some suggestions for the AndroidTV application:

First, you have created a beautiful OSD (Logo, Poster and Progression Bar with buttons), but we never see it, we have to click on the up arrow to do it  appear.  Would it be possible to make it appear in the first 2-3 seconds of reading and replace the progress bar with this OSD, or at least give us the option to activate it?  

Second, I wondered if it would be possible to display the title of the audio next to the language?  It is not uncommon that there are several versions of a language (Comments, same language, but different countries etc.) and it is not easy to be sure that we have the right one in the last case?  

And finally, I wondered if it would be possible to slightly reduce the Emby logo on the home page and to have the choice of 2-3 sizes for the images of our libraries at the top of the screen, I think that would slightly cleanse the page without the need for too much change?  

I want to say that I appreciate your work enormously and that the application is really good in my case, it is only small suggestions that will make me leave the version "Kodi" (I pass from one to another  regularly)...

Thank you for your work.

Have a nice day!

Would it be possible to make it appear in the first 2-3 seconds of reading

Hi, we used to, but it turns out that most users don't want this.

Second, I wondered if it would be possible to display the title of the audio next to the language? 

Hi there, how does this compare with what you see in the web app?

Hi, we used to, but it turns out that most users don't want this.

Strange, I love it, would it be possible to add this as an option in the application settings? Please!

Hi. If you have titles for your audio tracks enabled, they should show in the app.

What do you want to say with « ... audio tracks enabled »? The info appear on mediainfo, but not in the app or in web app...

What do you want to say with « ... audio tracks enabled »? The info appear on mediainfo, but not in the app or in web app...

Hi there, have you explored advanced library settings on the server?

And finally, I wondered if it would be possible to slightly reduce the Emby logo on the home page and to have the choice of 2-3 sizes for the images of our libraries at the top of the screen, I think that would slightly cleanse the page without the need for too much change?

For the suggestion of the home screen, I just wish it looks more like that of the homepage of the web application and iOS, mainly the top part, but otherwise the rest is already very good!

Hi there, have you explored advanced library settings on the server?

My god, I never see it before, and I have explore that more that one time, thank you! After activating this option, it’s automatic or I have to make a scan? Edit-2: Its automatic, thank you!

Edited by Hyp3rD

It’s something possible in a near futur, or it’s not a « plus value » ?

Thank you for your work!

Hi, which of your requests are you referring to?

Add a option in settings to activate OSD 2-3 seconds when we start videos for those who like it... It’s to perfect to never see it :-)

And maybe a little refresh of the home page to make it look more like the web or iOS app, I think that the logo emby and the picture of the Libraries are a little to big for nothing compared with the web app... The rest is pretty good!

• 2 months later...

Hi, just a little post to say that the new home screen is very sweet, great job!

I hope to see a option to show the great osd when we start playback, maybe in future?