[Bug] No rotating fan art for episodes

xnappo

xnappo

Surprised no one complained - rotating fan art does not work for episodes - it is blank.  Likely due to the problems with art not propagating down.  Will look into it briefly but @ if you know the problem off the top of your head please let me know :)

xnappo

im85288

Cool, I'll update the Repo. I did see the fix and there was an alternative way which was to pass in the guiid of the seriesId for episodes in the processDirectory...but the end result is the same  :)

• 3 weeks later...
xnappo

@@im85288 - frustratingly - I am not seeing consistent results using ParentBackdrops.  Can you please expand on your proposed solution so I can see if it works better for *one* TV series where the server is not provided parent image info?

Thanks,

xnappo

im85288

@@xnappo - I committed my changes and updated the repo, the changes are pretty small and confined to default.py and backgroundloader.py. 

Have a look and let me know if it solves it or not.

xnappo

Yep - thanks - that fixed my problem.

@@Luke - the previous work-around used the ParentBackgroundArt stuff - however I have a weird scenario with the server that I cannot recreate on another show.

I have one episode of one season in a folder for a show.   If I pull it up the season using:

http://192.168.1.6:8096/mediabrowser/Users/81452d964095cf6c18af19ac559f08c5/items?ParentId=837d3d33b96f6554798a02c05578342d

I get all the parent art info as expected, next to the episode.

However, just for this one show, if I pull up the individual episode using:

http://192.168.1.6:8096/mediabrowser/Users/81452d964095cf6c18af19ac559f08c5/Items/e6ec81fd2294bf06794d4524c8461e96

I do *not* get the parent art information.  Every other show I have works fine.  I have one other example of one season/one episode and it also works.

I like im85288's solution to the problem more anyway (which just leverages parentid more) - but this just has me curious.

xnappo

[EDIT] Forced refresh of meta-data fixed it.. Hmm.

Edited by xnappo

Sorry for not responding yet. When you pull down a single episode you should definitely get parent art info though.

xnappo

Yep - it was definitely a hiccup in my database somehow.  As I said it cleared up when I refreshed the metadata.  I will keep my eyes out for it happening again, but it was probably just a fluke.

xnappo