unmap channels from guide source

tvmainia

tvmainia

Hi, all,

I searched. Per Luke, it seems in order to unmap channel from a guide source to remap to another I have to delete the entry in programdata/config/livetv.xml.

How can I match a channel to its long "m3u_xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" entry in the xml file? I don't to delete all and redo all thw work.

Luke, how is the redesign og livetv/guide data setup experience going? It's been almost three years...

Thanks you.

Posted 10 January 2017 - 09:42 PM

I am planning on completely redesigning the live tv/gude data setup experience to resolve all of these shortcomings.

In the meantime you may need to remove mappings manually from the live tv config file.

/programdata/config/livetv.xml
Edited by tvmainia

Spaceboy

Hi, all,

I searched. Per Luke, it seems in order to unmap channel from a guide source to remap to another I have to delete the entry in programdata/config/livetv.xml.

How can I match a channel to its long "m3u_xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" entry in the xml file? I don't to delete all and redo all thw work.

Luke, how is the redesign og livetv/guide data setup experience going? It's been almost three years...

Thanks you.

Posted 10 January 2017 - 09:42 PM

I am planning on completely redesigning the live tv/gude data setup experience to resolve all of these shortcomings.

In the meantime you may need to remove mappings manually from the live tv config file./programdata/config/livetv.xml

its been brought up since the day channel mapping was introduced and like doesn’t think it’s important enough to fix. If you have a lot of mapping to do I would recommend you look at xteve.

tvmainia

I am wanting to use Emby Guide Data. I am already using xteve to filter m3u and love it.

the question remains: how can I match a channel I see in the Emby GUI to its "m3u_xxxxxxxxxxx..." mapping entry in programdata/config/livetv.xml?

Example: I already incorrectly mapped Fox Sports Southeast to Fox Sports 1 in dish Emby guide data and I want to remap it correctly to Fox Sports Southeast in the xfinity Emby guide data. How do I find out which "m3u_xxxxxxxx..." is Fox Sport Southeast in tje livetv.xml fileso I can delete that entry in the livetx.xml file?

I have already mapped close to 100 channels, but 3 or so I mapped incorrectly to the firstly added Emby Guide provider (dish) and want to map them to a different, newly added Emby Guide provider (xfinity)

Edited by tvmainia

Spaceboy

I am wanting to use Emby Guide Data. I am already using xteve to filter m3u and love it.

the question remains: how can I match a channel I see in the Emby GUI to its "m3u_xxxxxxxxxxx..." mapping entry in programdata/config/livetv.xml?

Example: I already incorrectly mapped Fox Sports Southeast to Fox Sports 1 in dish Emby guide data and I want to remap it correctly to Fox Sports Southeast in the xfinity Emby guide data. How do I find out which "m3u_xxxxxxxx..." is Fox Sport Southeast in tje livetv.xml fileso I can delete that entry in the livetx.xml file?

I have already mapped close to 100 channels, but 3 or so I mapped incorrectly to the firstly added Emby Guide provider (dish) and want to map them to a different, newly added Emby Guide provider (xfinity)

i do all the mapping in xteve and provide a m3u and xmltv file to emby from xteve that already matches 100%. No messing around with emby

tvmainia

thank you. I understand as I have done that. And what I am saying is I want to use Emby Guide data. IPTV-provided epg is not great.

I hate to copy and paste this again, but @@Luke or another support member, please answer this:

Spaceboy

thank you. I understand as I have done that. And what I am saying is I want to use Emby Guide data. IPTV-provided epg is not great.

I hate to copy and paste this again, but @@Luke or another support member, please answer this:

who is using iptv epg? I’m using schedules direct. Yes its$25 but you avoid all this

tvmainia

Luke, can I match a channel I see in the Emby GUI to its "m3u_xxxxxxxxxxx..." mapping entry in programdata/config/livetv.xml, so I only delete the mapping I want to fix?

tvmainia

HOW?? How can I tell which channel is represented by "m3u_xxxxxxxxxxx..." mapping entry in programdata/config/livetv.xml?

goaliebob99

I'm having this same issue with mulitiple TV services using multiple guide data with mutliple HD homeruns.  

For instance my home in Chicago keeps scanning CBS 2 with the correct guide data, but becuase there is another channel 2 as Aztec on a diffrent HD homre run (Cable) it keeps pulling the Aztec logo for CBS Chicago.  

The solution is really simple.  Allow us to uncheck programs from the guide data when mapped.   What's happening in my case is channel 2 is reconginzed and checked both on data providers for the same channel, when in reality one should be unchecked as they are two diffrent channels that both use the same channel 2.  One cable, one OTA.   I have mapped the cable one to a diffrent number, but emby still thinks its Aztec.  

Edited by goaliebob99

Allow us to uncheck programs from the guide data when mapped.  

Hi, yes it's coming. Thanks for the feedback.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Mister Steve

I hit this issue within an hour of signing up for the premier membership.  @@tvmainia, thanks for outing the config file (programdata/config/livetv.xml), made it easy to unmap a channel. 

Tip for Emby, if/when you rework this area, the drop-down UI control with hundreds of choices and no channel descriptors is a harsh UX.  Side-by-side scroll-able grids would work better.   I had to search a bunch of sites and watch some trash tv to figure out the true mapping.  But alas you have Plex beat as they only support 1 guide source, it takes 3 sources for me to map my channels.

Clipboard02.jpg

Clipboard2.jpg

Edited by Mister Steve
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
sross44

Is this still in the works? A year plus later.... Just trying to see if unchecking a mapped channel is something that could happen? 

sross44
6 hours ago, Spaceboy said:

still in the works, still not possible to unmap channels

Do we know if this is something coming in the "major TV update" we're getting at some point? 

• 2 months later...