Can't access my emby server anymore

Chro

Hello Guys,

in only get an empty blank page saying "forbidden" when i try to enter my emby server from my PC or any other device in my home network.

i tried to get acess from outside my home network and was playing with the settings.

in my emby server i wrote in LAN networks my local IP of my NAS running emby server bin to local adress also my NAS local IP adress and the next folowing als with my NAS local IP adress sinmce then i cant get any acess to my server anymore im not able to revert my changes also.

Do anybody know how to fix this withour uninstalling everything again ?

5cd7a70ddbd34_Capture.png

i found this screenshot while searchin for a solution so i put the IP Adress of my NAS to the first two lines here and the next one folowwing not shown on the screenshot.

I cant get any access to the settings or anythiong else anymore

Name der App:  Emby Server

Version:  4.2.1.0

Installiert am:  Sonntag, 13. Oktober 2019 20:44:16

i now updated to 

Name der App:  Emby Server

Version:  4.3.0.30

Installiert am:  Samstag, 30. November 2019 20:06:44

Problem still exists

NAS is MyCloudPR4100

Edited by Chro

So you're saying you mis-configured the advanced settings, and this has caused you to lose access? Is that correct?

Well if you can obtain an emby server log, then we can see what the problem is. Take a look in:

/mnt/HD/HD_a2/emby/logs

Well if you can obtain an emby server log, then we can see what the problem is. Take a look in:

/mnt/HD/HD_a2/emby/logs

where do i have to put in this line ?

Edited by Chro

If i try connecting with my account in the browser it shows me no connected Server if i try to add my NAS it tells me no connection to the server possible asure that the server is running and try again.

i tried deleting it and reinstalled still just showing the forbidden page

Uninstalling doesn't delete the programdata folder unfortunately, so doing that had no effect.

Uninstalling doesn't delete the programdata folder unfortunately, so doing that had no effect.

looks like i have a big problem then because im not able to detect such an folder on my NAS.

Apps are most likely installed in an seperate path WD not giving access too

mark-in-dallas

looks like i have a big problem then because im not able to detect such an folder on my NAS.

Apps are most likely installed in an seperate path WD not giving access too

You will need to login to your NAS, then go to Settings -> Network and ensure that SSH is enabled and configured with a password.  Then use an FTP program like Filezilla to login to the server's SSH.  When you first login you will see 2 dots (..)  in the remote site panel.  Click on those dots.  You will then see another 2 dots and directories named root and squeezecenter.  Click on the 2 dots again, then click on mnt, then HD, then HD_a2, then  Emby, and you should then see the logs folder

Also, you will need to enter sshd as the username when logging into SSH, instead of admin or whatever username you configured in the WD admin panel..

Edited by mark-in-dallas

You will need to login to your NAS, then go to Settings -> Network and ensure that SSH is enabled and configured with a password.  Then use an FTP program like Filezilla to login to the server's SSH.  When you first login you will see 2 dots (..)  in the remote site panel.  Click on those dots.  You will then see another 2 dots and directories named root and squeezecenter.  Click on the 2 dots again, then click on mnt, then HD, then HD_a2, then  Emby, and you should then see the logs folder

Also, you will need to enter sshd as the username when logging into SSH, instead of admin or whatever username you configured in the WD admin panel..

having some trouble connecting

SSH on myCloud is configured.

Filezilla is installed.

Server: sftp://192.168.2.100 (ihope it is right like that? the NAS lokal IP) 

User: sshd

Password: *********

Port: what port do i use? it tells me one between 1 and 65535

Edited by Chro

mark-in-dallas

Port: what port do i use? it tells me one between 1 and 65535

You shouldn't have to select a port, but Port 22 would be the correct port for SSH.

• 1 year later...

Can I re-start this topic please. I am having the same issue. I installed the app v4.5.4 on the gen2 WD MyCloud. Loaded the wizard page and started to create profile and setup libraries. I got an email asking to Confirm Emby Account Link after clicking something to connect external devices. After that it has been Forbidden when entering localhost:8096 or even going into the Android App and trying to add server...We're unable to connect to the selected server right now. Please ensure it is up and running. 

I have uninstalled, deleted Emby directory from NAS using SSH, reinstalled. Turned off server and back on repeatedly. Waited for it to start. Nothing. 8096 is an open port on canyouseeme.org. 

I'm at a total loss as to what is causing the error. I just want to try again from a clean install but when (I think) I do I get the forbidden error in any Browser on multiple devices when trying to configure this. 

Thank you, Andrew

image.thumb.png.8d4dafa22abafe986f8a5ed015c2b1e2.pngimage.png.af9a97c8c910f7972b60968f8664dfc0.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/26/2021 at 8:59 AM, suand said:

Can I re-start this topic please. I am having the same issue. I installed the app v4.5.4 on the gen2 WD MyCloud. Loaded the wizard page and started to create profile and setup libraries. I got an email asking to Confirm Emby Account Link after clicking something to connect external devices. After that it has been Forbidden when entering localhost:8096 or even going into the Android App and trying to add server...We're unable to connect to the selected server right now. Please ensure it is up and running. 

I have uninstalled, deleted Emby directory from NAS using SSH, reinstalled. Turned off server and back on repeatedly. Waited for it to start. Nothing. 8096 is an open port on canyouseeme.org. 

I'm at a total loss as to what is causing the error. I just want to try again from a clean install but when (I think) I do I get the forbidden error in any Browser on multiple devices when trying to configure this. 

Thank you, Andrew

image.thumb.png.8d4dafa22abafe986f8a5ed015c2b1e2.pngimage.png.af9a97c8c910f7972b60968f8664dfc0.png

hi @suand, please take a look at this topic:

Thanks.