EMBY Server "forgets" it is enabled

GR1

so i just got done with the remote session with terramaster and i think he may of fixed it. he checked the md5sum and said that it did not match the md5 for the version that was out. so i think that the TNAS app store may have been giving out a bad copy. but he did leave me with the manual install file for emby. ill post it here for anyone who want to uninstall emby and try the manual install. i did it and so far no crash of the server yet. also @@Luke here is the log dump that i said that i would get. now because the file is over 90mb i have to post the download link but be warned it is a slow download (This is the download)

Getting error:  

post-546494-0-92165700-1575359254_thumb.png

Getting error:  

attachicon.gifUntitled.png

ya im not sure man. the guy did all the work i just watched. i could upload the file i have to my megaupload account and post it here so you can see if the file you downloaded is bad. But @@Luke is that ok? can i post a outside link to the board? Also for those of you that want to contact them you can use skype to talk to them or by email. the skype is terramaster-support on skype. Oh and also the way they fixed mine was via Team-viewer so if you are not cool with that program ( i know some people dont like remote access ) then they wont be able to help you fix it, all they will do is send pics of what could help. but from what i got out of the remote sessions that i have had it seems like they put their software tech on the remote session and they so far have fixed all the problems i have had so far. 

Edited by zac115

I was notified tonight by Terramaster that they have released 4.3. Can you updating to that?

I only see 4.1.13 and not 4.3. Anyway, updated that but it wouldn't help: still Emby is down after 3- mins

Edited by GR1

I only see 4.1.13 and not 4.3. Anyway, updated that but it wouldn't help: still Emby is down after 3- mins

ya i would contact them over skype and see if they can help. mine is still up with no problems right now.

yeshua1trueway

I was told by Terra-master to go to applications in the desktop-TOS and then to settings. Once there I unchecked the box "automatically update the app (recommended)". Once I unchecked the box and since then Emby no longer logs out. For my this was the fix I was searching for.

I was told by Terra-master to go to applications in the desktop-TOS and then to settings. Once there I unchecked the box "automatically update the app (recommended)". Once I unchecked the box and since then Emby no longer logs out. For my this was the fix I was searching for.

What version are you on now?

This is what I've just been told by Terramaster tech support:

Hello , we will release a new version iTunes next week. For EMBY, it seems it crashes every time it tries to transcode. 

We are confirming with EMBY about this issue, so before we get the confirmation from them, a remote session won't help much.

For now, could you please use Plex instead? 

Luke, is that correct?

zachattack83

I could see the transcoding issue being the problem.

My emby has stopped crashing randomly, however, whenever I try to play a music video or something, emby completely crashes.

It is updating right now though, gonna see if this 4.3.0.33 makes a difference on that.

zachattack83

well, Quick reply here...

It does seem to be able to play a music video without crashing now, so that is a plus.

Did notice another change with the update though, now when I click on "emby server" on the TOS desktop, instead of opening the emby app window, it loads ups a new browser window and takes me straight to the dashboard.

Yes we've reproduced the transcoding crash and we'll have a new stable release to resolve that any day now. In the meantime I've already patched the 4.3.0.30 release with the fix, so for those of you who know how to do manual installs you can always grab that from the website.

Yes we've reproduced the transcoding crash and we'll have a new stable release to resolve that any day now. In the meantime I've already patched the 4.3.0.30 release with the fix, so for those of you who know how to do manual installs you can always grab that from the website.

I get Error -601. TerraMaster does not recognize .xz format

zachattack83

So the TOS released an update, (not sure exact day) and I seen it today and installed it.

Now, emby doesn't seem to be crashing like it was.

I'm not sure if its pure coincidence or if it actually fixed the problem, but I can now play music videos from my phone and it isn't crashing emby.

Problem with loading up the emby app window on the TOS desktop still persists tho.

zachattack83

Scratch that.

Emby crashed as soon as I posted that. NOT JOKING.

And the best part about the crashing, is that I can't re enable emby because of the app window issue on the desktop. So, I have to completely restart the tnas to get it to launch emby again...

Edited by zachattack83

Scratch that.

Emby crashed as soon as I posted that. NOT JOKING.

And the best part about the crashing, is that I can't re enable emby because of the app window issue on the desktop. So, I have to completely restart the tnas to get it to launch emby again...

Same here

zachattack83

Ok cool. I had reached out to them on skype because i had thought it already had been submitted for approval. They said theyd be reaching out to you guys for an update.

We've released 4.3.1 today so I am submitting that to them tonight. I had already submitted 4.3.0.30 to them back when that was released.

We've released 4.3.1 today so I am submitting that to them tonight. I had already submitted 4.3.0.30 to them back when that was released.

Submitted.