Back arrow on login page

cochize1

cochize1

Is there any way to remove the back arrow on the login screen so just there is MyDomain logo showing (without affecting the arrow on any other page). I think it obsolete there.

Happy2Play

Something like this, not positive if other areas are affected.

html.layout-desktop.noScrollY div.headerLeft [title="Back"] {display: none;}

cochize1

No change on the login page with that code, the arrow is still there.

The selector I refer to is this:

body > div.skinHeader.focuscontainer-x > div > div.headerLeft > button.headerBackButton.headerButton.hide-mouse-idle-tv.paper-icon-button-light > i

But removing that also removes it from the main page and all sub-pages where it has a value. SO I was thinking that adding an id to the login page (as you suggested in some previous posts) could do the trick, am I right? But maybe there is some other way.

Happy2Play

Looks like it may be browser specific as it works for Chrome and FireFox, but not Edge for me.  Without unique page id it can almost be impossible.

Try.

.noScrollY div.headerLeft [title="Back"] {display: none;}

cochize1

ok, so I looked into the code again using dev tools and it seems that it is language specific. The title "Back" part is translated into my native language that the Emby is set to. So after changing that, it worked. Thank you. Now just to figure out how to move the logo back to the original position since it shifted to the very edge of the page without that arrow (but will try to work this out on my own).

Kudos my friend

Happy2Play

ok, so I looked into the code again using dev tools and it seems that it is language specific. The title "Back" part is translated into my native language that the Emby is set to. So after changing that, it worked. Thank you. Now just to figure out how to move the logo back to the original position since it shifted to the very edge of the page without that arrow (but will try to work this out on my own).

Kudos my friend

Yes translation would play a factor here.

Well you can use "visibility: hidden;" instead of "display: none;" to keep logo in the original position.

Edited by Happy2Play

cochize1

worked perfectly... again:)

So just the follow up since that's such a piece of cake for you, what is the code the place the logo in in the middle of the header and make it slightly bigger?

Happy2Play

Not very easily as it exists in the headerLeft.  So you would have to manipulate the padding, height, and width.

.noScrollY div.headerLeft {
    padding-left: 45%;
}
.noScrollY h3.pageTitleWithDefaultLogo {
    width: 8em;
    height: 3em;
}

Note all the .noScrollY code affects User Preferences also (your user icon menu)

cochize1

I have just noticed that both:

and

affect the 'back' arrow also in the playback section (or whatever it is called - when you play the video) so it is a no go. Same for the position and resizing the logo, it affects login page and playback section as well.

So the only option left is the id tag?

Edited by cochize1

Happy2Play

I have just noticed that both:

and

affect the 'back' arrow also in the playback section (or whatever it is called - when you play the video) so it is a no go. Same for the position and resizing the logo, it affects login page and playback section as well.

So the only option left is the id tag?

Correct you will need to add the pageid, then target your elements with the pageid.

cochize1

Not sure what am I missing here. I added id=loginPage to login.html file

5de1c0cd9a4fb_hhh.jpg

and used this code:

#loginPage html.layout-desktop.noScrollY div.headerLeft [title="Back"] {display: none;}

but the back arrow is still there on the login screen, no change at all. Any hints?

Edited by cochize1

Happy2Play

5de1c0cd9a4fb_hhh.jpg

and used this code:

#loginPage html.layout-desktop.noScrollY div.headerLeft [title="Back"] {display: none;}
but the back arrow is still there on the login screen, no change at all. Any hints?

Actually the header is loaded before the page.

I think it falls in the appheader.js.  Since we ran into a similar issue with TV and Movies page tabs in the header.  So it really can't be done via css that I can see.

cochize1

Ok, thanks for clearing that out. Maybe devs will think of something in the future releases as I see no point in the back arrow being there on the login page.

5de1c0cd9a4fb_hhh.jpg

and used this code:

Make sure loginPage is in Quotations eh.

id="loginPage"

I just noticed in your dev tools snippet you had miss it.

Edited by chef

cochize1

Not for me. It seems as the page id does not work. When I remove just the #loginPage part the arrows disappears but it also disappears from the playback section where it is actually useful

• Like 1

Happy2Play

#loginPage html.layout-desktop.noScrollY div.headerLeft [title=Back] {display: none;}

This can't work because the page is actually after the header.  So "html.layout-desktop.noScrollY div.headerLeft" exists before "#loginPage".  So you can't target the page when the element doesn't exist there.

5de5a43d5f46d_target.jpg

cochize1

So I assume the same goes with 

and there is no real way to handle that annoying arrow on the login screen?

• Thanks 1

• 7 months later...