Slide show with music

jiikoo

Here's the last ~60 seconds. Same as before, I go to "Home videos & photos" Open the "Photos" tab. Scroll to the right and press OK on the "Play" button. Select "Shuffle All" and press OK. Instead of photos I get videos every time.

There is no log there but your description gives me a clue.  We no longer have a "photos" library type (we used to).  It is now lumped in with home videos.  I think the logic is going to have to be adjusted for that.

Thanks.

There is no log there but your description gives me a clue.  We no longer have a "photos" library type (we used to).  It is now lumped in with home videos.  I think the logic is going to have to be adjusted for that.

Thanks.

Well that's odd. It definitely said the log file was attached before I clicked the post button. Anyway, if you've got what you need I won't worry about it too much.

The oddest bits to me are that the "Shuffle All" button never plays any photos on the Fire Stick. Secondly, I tried it just now on the browser interface (clicking "Shuffle") and it seems to works correctly with only photos when on the photo tab, and only videos when on the video tab, but if I click "Shuffle" on the "Folders" tab it seems to pick one folder at random and cycle through those pictures only.

This should all work as you'd expect in the next release of the Android TV app.

Thanks for all the descriptions of current behavior.

• 1 month later...

Hey ebr I saw your heads up about this now working over in the thread (argument) about not leaving Emby classic. I tried it with latest Android TV and it does work. Great. Thanks

A quick question, when I go to Music and categorize by Genre is there or should there be a "Play-All, Shuffle-All" button? If it is there then I must be missing it. Or does picking a particular Genre of music not have a play all shuffle all feature?

Its no big deal if it doesn't since I have all of my Genre saved as playlist I can still do a shuffle play from there. The only problem then becomes making sure to keep the playlists up to date.

For future implementation could you consider allowing Genre sort in music to have play all and shuffle all? If its already there please pass along how to access it.

If you need me to make this a formal feature request let me know. I can do that too.

Thx again

Ed

Your excellent work is greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Hi.  Our play/shuffle all from grid views feature still needs some work to give you the results you expect when dealing with lists  of "container" items like albums. 

Hi. Our play/shuffle all from grid views feature still needs some work to give you the results you expect when dealing with lists of "container" items like albums.

Okay thanks ebr. No big deal. Just wanted to make sure I wasnt missing something or using it wrong. I'll look forward to it in the future. No hurry. Just greatful and appreciative for all the cool stuff you guys have provided.

Thx

Ed

• 2 weeks later...

@@ebr, another question about the music and photo slideshow capability, do you know if/when this capability will be added to other client platforms (specifically Samsung Smart TV)? My clients are Samsung TV, Android TV, Roku, Web App, Android Phone and Theater.  Of these many clients Samsung Smart TV is currently the one used the most because of it being the main lving room TV so it gets the most exercise.  So while the music slideshow feature works well on Android and Roku (probably Web and Theater too, I haven't checked), TV app is where I need it the most.  I didn't see this listed as a specific feature request in the Samsung Smart TV thread.  Do I need to make a separate feature request for it there or is it the plan to get this feature into all client apps one day?  Is Samsung app just different enough that it may never get this feature?  If so, I can stop looking for it and move on to making other arrangements (namely to attaching one of my Android TV units to the TV).  If you don't have these specific answers can I direct them to whoever the Samsung app developer is and ask them?

Let us know.

Thx

Ed

It's on our to do list for other platforms. Thanks for the feedback.

Okay thx Luke

• 10 months later...
Joe Canas

Hi Luke, it has been the same response from you for many years since you say that you will update the Emby App to implement the option to play music and see photos at the same time. It's an empty promise. I don't see how you can honestly say that year after year. You have no credibility on this topic. 

• 1 year later...

While Emby plays music,  going to Photos.   Once I push Play All,  or Shuffle, Emby stops music, and starts showing pictures.   Once I stop the pic show,  the music resumes as of next song.

Asking for solution for music to continue playing.

TV: LG OLED65C11LB

Thank you.

FrostByte
21 minutes ago, 316units said:

While Emby plays music,  going to Photos.   Once I push Play All,  or Shuffle, Emby stops music, and starts showing pictures.   Once I stop the pic show,  the music resumes as of next song.

Asking for solution for music to continue playing.

TV: LG OLED65C11LB

Thank you.

This now works in the Android and Samsung apps.  Start music playlist, then go over to Photos and click to start random slideshow.  I'm listening to music and seeing photos right now.

The Xbox also has a screen saver option that will randomly display photos which works when listening to music.

I would assume that Samsung apps updates eventually make it to LG, but I don't know

• Thanks 1