Emby for Kodi - Trailers Not Playing

ulrick65
Go to solution Solved by Angelblue05,

ulrick65

At one time I know this was disabled due to issues but then it was fixed in an earlier release of the server...but now I am unable to play trailers in Kodi.  The button is there, trailer plays fine in the web app...but not in Kodi.  I get the little spinner for a second, then right back to the info page.

Is it just me or are there still issues with this?

Thanks.

Angelblue05

Trigger an update for your movies library, does it resolve it? Unfortunately, updating trailers in emby does not trigger an event and so it sounds like your trailers are not imported or updated in Kodi.

Launch emby for kodi > find the movie library > open the context menu on it > update or repair the library. Then retry to play the trailer, is it working then?

ulrick65

Trigger an update for your movies library, does it resolve it? Unfortunately, updating trailers in emby does not trigger an event and so it sounds like your trailers are not imported or updated in Kodi.

Launch emby for kodi > find the movie library > open the context menu on it > update or repair the library. Then retry to play the trailer, is it working then?

I tried that already, I recently reset my entire local database too...but no go.  I just did it again on a library to double check and it refreshed all media, but still the trailers don't play.

Thanks.

• Like 1

ulrick65

Provide your Kodi log trying to play a trailer, thanks

That's been an issue for me to find the Kodi log though I have not spent a ton of time looking, I couldn't see in Kodi where to bring it up.  I run this on an Nvidia Shield...do you know the best way for me to get to the log?

Thanks.

ulrick65

This should be resolved with 4.1.17

Excellent!  I will give it a whirl.  Unfortunately, my server crashed today and I am in the process of rebuilding it...probably take me a day or two.   :(

• Like 1

ulrick65

This should be resolved with 4.1.17

I got my server back online and have Emby all reinstalled and working.  When I run Kodi, it updated the add in to 4.1.18 but I am not getting any updates from the server.  Do you think because I had to reinstall that I will need to do a full local database reset?  I tried going to the add in and updating the library, but nothing happens.