Thank you!

gregkodi

gregkodi

Hi guys,

not sure if this is the right group/place to post, just wanted to say thank you to all for such a great product. Im using using for couple of days now, and its really nice, i think i am lost a bit in few places but i guess i will manage to get there ;) I don't know how the subtitles work exactly, not sure when/how they are being downloaded, sometime they are there sometimes i have to click download , not sure how to make them in my language ;) but those are minor issues and its probably me not knowing how to set it up.

Anyway, i just wanted to say thank you for such a good product!

Regards,

Greg

Thanks for the feedback!

You can enable automatic subtitle downloading in the settings for each of your emby libraries.

gregkodi

Thanks for the feedback!

You can enable automatic subtitle downloading in the settings for each of your emby libraries.

@@cayars

@@Happy2Play

I would mean , at some point i got lost, not sure when. Before i bought the lifetime subscription i think that in the TV app, i saw a button that said: download subtitles, i could click it, and then it was searching and showing me multiple results, and i could chose one(i have enabled 2 languages search subtitles).

And after few 1-2 days i bought the premium key, installed the key, and since then i dont understnad where is that option where i could click it, and choose the subtitle.

Now , sometimes there is language1 subtitles , or lanuguage2, or sometimes i can see both in the list before i play movie. I am missing that part where i was able to click on tv: check for subtitles and i was able to check which one to download. I dont remmeber how did i do that, or maybe it was a dream :/ don't know.

Also i dont know what happens when i use mobile, when i do : copy the movie to device, and then when i will watch the movie, will i also get all the subtitles that were with the movie ? And do you have to download them preoviously ?

Does Emby download those subtitles for me during the scanning process somehow ? I know for sure that today when i test first time in my life the option to watch movie from a moile device, i had a subtitles, but i do not remember even downloading this subtitle. It was in langugage#1, and i was wondering why there is no language#2 in that case. I thought maybe there is something wrong with my opensubtitles, so i even bought the vip membership today there ;)

gregkodi

Do i need to turn off the 'hash mush be exact for subtitle' , in order to be able to search for it myself ? Would it be true that , it gets downloded only for those movies/episodes where he knows that 100% its the correct hash ? 

I am sure as you explore emby more you will find even more reasons to like it.

I don't use the subtitles at all myself so i have no advice in that arena. I have been using emby for about a year now i think and they have made some impressive improvements.

Do i need to turn off the 'hash mush be exact for subtitle' , in order to be able to search for it myself ? Would it be true that , it gets downloded only for those movies/episodes where he knows that 100% its the correct hash ?

Yes you may get more downloads by turning it off.

Does this help at all for the manual download?

It's part of an upcoming wiki article update.

Manual Subtitle Download
From a video file click the 3 dot/more menu and select the Edit Subtitles menu choice from the popup menu.
rSro14w3ERJa_ZD3v09V1ySetu0P4Q9oEw.png?1

You will get a new screen with a couple of option. Select the language 
and any options you need and then click the magnifying glass/search icon.
OyFsmKlKJb0raYLgtRd2LwfkhJXBaB-htw.png?1

The page will expand with any subtitles it found that matched your results and will look like this.
Gi8FxRLY7_CX9g2MGiSZAmKB5EX2RwPjvg.png?1

All you have to do now is click the download arrow in the cloud to the right side of the subtitle you wish to download. Once you click this the Emby Server will queue the file for download and it will be available for use very quickly.

Note: if you do not see any subtitle appear for download (as above) then that would mean that Emby could not find any subtitles that match your criteria.  You can try and change any options you set or possibly try to search for "English" subtitles (if not already).  Some movies will not have subtitles available.

If you have problems finding subtitles, please verify that the movie/show was identified correctly.  You can manually check IMDB Id using the Metadata Manager.  When using this scroll down the the External Id section and very the IMDB Id is correct.  This section will look similar to this.
KVjZMX5ia9NAeJAq6KW43-WEECPg1QhFDA.png?1

gregkodi

Hello, thank you for the help regarding this. Yes, i checked today/yesterday on tv + on mobile, that i can use the 3 dots there. There is a 'problem' when you have the strict hash, if i unselect it then i have more hits but of course no 100% gurantee that it will match.But i have found all of them now ;) This is really new to me, so i will need to spend some time with it to process this all ;) \

Thanks all