Casual transcoding start when skip

Dedone

Hi all,

i've a little problem with Android Tv app. Sometimes, random, with any video file type (h264-HEVC) if a skip a video for some seconds, it strat to transcode in HSL mode. If i stop it and resume, it come back in direct play. TV in use is a sony XF9005 (HEVC compatible) and the server is the last version 4.3 on a Synology DS218+ (Android tv app is last version too)

Thanks!

example:

I'm playng a media file H264 or H265, during playng i want to skip some minutes and i press the tv command. I can notice that sometimest the skipping phase it's little bito longer and start spinning the blue cirlce icone in the centre of the screen. after 2 seconds everithing start again but if i check stats for nerd i can notice that start to transcode in HSL method . In order to stop it, i must stop the playng and resume it.

If i'll able i'll try to post some photos

For some reason, when you attempt to skip, it is causing a player error.  Can you create the problem and then follow the instructions in that same article above to send a log from the app?

Thanks.

Yes, something related to the audio track that causes a failure when you skip. 

11-30 19:58:23.270 32758 32758 E EventLogger: playerFailed [10.63, 275.39, window=0]
11-30 19:58:23.270 32758 32758 E EventLogger: com.google.android.exoplayer2.ExoPlaybackException: com.google.android.exoplayer2.audio.AudioSink$WriteException: AudioTrack write failed: -6

If you choose the English track, does it still have the problem?

As you can see it start to transcode immediately when I change the language track

Sometimes that is normal depending on the audio format.

Both audio tracks are compatible but any change you make to playback (skipping or changing audio) is causing an error.

Where did these files come from?  Is it only on this one file?

This happen in various situations and what I've notice is that happen only when the audio track is Dolby +. I had try again with other files with different audio track coded and everything is ok