New interface: No zoom:Left Click:

Smitty018210

fraenhawk

Nope. So it sounds like WMC's player might have more commands that it can respond to that aren't necessarily exposed for you to use as an external player :(

I'll still check sendkeys later. I am curious about 3 things on your link that don't line up with the MCE guide: Reveal, Hold, and Interactive - Interactive might be the "5th" teletext on/off key

Yeah, the thing is WMC was updated for Windows 7 (the last time they did any real mods) but the API was only partially updated.  They never really released a Win 7 API.  WMC was basically dropped from development before it was finished.

fraenhawk

Well, but the zoom key has been implemented since the original MCE not just for Win7, so maybe it's just never been in the API, not just for Win7 development.

• 3 weeks later...
fraenhawk

I finally got a chance to grab the showkey app from XBMC and tried it. Zoom doesn't register. Neither do a lot of the WMC specific buttons, like live tv, recorded tv, or guide. Yet Windows responds to them. So I guess the subset you have access to doesn't accept the zoom button, only the true WMC player does... I guess I can always reprogram the remotes to send the ctrl-shft-Z that you're expecting if I ever decide to switch to the new player. Still using the old one for now so not a priority.

fraenhawk

Hmm, I found this in the MCE SDK.

I noticed that those others I mentioned that didn't show up in Show Keys all say WM_INPUT with no command or keyboard equiv, so that's probably the same as what's going on with zoom. There are notes in the second half in how to accept those outside MCE. Not sure if your player can be modified to include support for that method or if you're restricted to the API you linked.

That document is for applications that are NOT WMC plug-ins to be able to respond to WMC remote commands.

Notice also that some of them are still "TBD".  Shows how MS just kind of dropped this whole platform in the middle...