WHMCS module for Emby

Lh20

Hello Everyone,

Relatively new to emby and loving the software and the community so far.  Was wondering however if anyone had any luck with the WHMCS module for emby?  I got my hands on it and installed it following the directions from https://www.modulesguru.com/members/index.php/knowledgebase/1/ however I have been unable to create a new user through WHMCS.  When I try to accept the order I am given an error HTTPCODE: 0. Error:

Has anyone encountered this before?  Do you know how to solve it?  I am a newbie but am at least semi computer literate and would be able to follow a guide if one exists.  Appreciate everyone for their help...thank you!

Hey Luke!

Thanks for the super fast reply!  Its a module to handle account management.  Some of the key features are supposed to be (quoting right from their website)

• Create Account: Account creation is managed automatically when an account is created in WHMCS then its created in Emby Server as well.The details will be automatically sent to client.
  • Emby Connect: Module supports Emby Connect invitation. You can manage this option from WHMCS admin.
  • Suspend Account: This module manages the suspension of an account on Emby server.
  • Unsuspend Account: This module manages the unsuspension of an account on Emby server.
  • Terminate Account: When an account is terminated in WHMCS due to unpaid invoice overdue or manual termination from admin then the account is also terminated from Emby Server and client receives the termination notification.
  • Changing Password: You can change the Emby server’s account password from WHMCS.

Ideally what this would mean for me is that I could have my friends/family sign up to my server without me having to spend the time to manually create each user.  Thank you!

symphonichorizon

I know the module, used to use it myself now run a custom one, but I can probably help you set it up.

The instructions they give are wrong first off so I'll write out how I got it to work. Yes I did try to explain all this to them but they pretty much dropped all support for this and it hasn't been updated since January 2019.

Make a new server:

Step 1 Make a NEW Emby admin account with emby connect. ( this will be the "BOT" account )

Step 2 Make a database user with the SAME username and password as your Emby BOT ( first mistake in instructions )

Step 3 Hostname = your emby server ie 24.65.43.222:8096 NO HTTP!!

Step 4 IP Address actually is your Database I.P ( localhost ) this is where the instructions screw up again

Step 5 Down at the bottom of the page select EMBY for module and put in your BOT username/Password

Save and done:

In product select the emby module and assign the server you just added.

Any questions feel free to ask.

• Like 2

I know the module, used to use it myself now run a custom one, but I can probably help you set it up.

The instructions they give are wrong first off so I'll write out how I got it to work. Yes I did try to explain all this to them but they pretty much dropped all support for this and it hasn't been updated since January 2019.

Make a new server:

Step 1 Make a NEW Emby admin account with emby connect. ( this will be the "BOT" account )

Step 2 Make a database user with the SAME username and password as your Emby BOT ( first mistake in instructions )

Step 4 IP Address actually is your Database I.P ( localhost ) this is where the instructions screw up again

Step 5 Down at the bottom of the page select EMBY for module and put in your BOT username/Password

Save and done:

Hi! 

In step 2 you are you referring to a brand new sql user? 

Edited by sc4nd4l

Make a new server:

Save and done:

Thank you I am going to try this out and see if I can get it to work!

Hi! 

In step 2 you are you referring to a brand new sql user? 

Hey did you figure this out, realizing I'm not sure what to do here either...

• 4 weeks later...
achharsingh

Make a new server:

Save and done:

Hi,

The module doesn't support the third party database ( it uses whmcs database for users and emby api ) for users.

You must enter the emby admin username and password.

And the module is upto date with latest versions of whmcs and php.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
multitechnicals
On 01/12/2019 at 18:40, symphonichorizon said:

Make a new server:

Save and done:

I have a question about this, is this able to add user with emby connect, when you add users you can add a local username and then a emby connect username to link it to a emby account does this module allow you to do this