Wrong sort order

dcol

There was an Emby update performed yesterday by Google. Version now is 1.7.62g

As you can see in the image, the sort choices and that the list is not in the release date order. Also, there is nothing that shows the year anymore. So not only is the order wrong, but now you can't even tell the correct order from the list. The year use to appear at the top with the selected title as seen in the bottom picture before this last update. It doesn't anymore.

5df2a94b76018_emby1.jpg

And here is how it use to look, taken from FireTV. Notice the sort selection, even though it is ascending instead of descending. And that the date of the selected movie is displayed.

5df2ad515b5cf_emby2.jpg

I would like to see this screen come back but with the proper sort order.

But I also like the top image that shows the folder name. Would be best if somehow both the folder name and the selected name were displayed.

Edited by dcol

That looks like folder browsing in the new version and folders don't have Premiere dates.

What happens when you click one of those items?

Yes, folders don't have premiere dates, but the movies should. Look at the difference in the two screens in my previous post. Both are at the same place in the library.

My selection starts with a folder search. I do not use collections. Collections look like the premiere date can sort in either direction

I have no clue how collections work or if I want to use them.

here is the next screen when I click on the item in the last screenshot

5df3e54ebd3ca_emby3.jpg

Edited by dcol

Found out how to turn on collections installing the auto box-sets plug-in. When I do it that way, the premiere dates are correct and in the right order.

it is just in folder view the premiere dates are reversed.

Is there a guide somewhere how to edit the collections? I don't like how it gathered some titles.

Thanks. Maybe I will start using collections. I like the way it organizes. But I have to go through all the movies to make sure that they all end up in a collection. I already noticed that some are not in there.

Can you do a collection inside a collection? I would like to group all the Disney movies in one primary collection to clean it up.