I need some input on my library images...

theothergenesis

theothergenesis

... because my muse seems to have taken the day off.

It started with the bottom row, which is just the white part and transparent background. The idea was to have a simple silhouette of my favourite entry in each folder.
But, then it looked a bit hollow, so I added the solid colours as background - R, G, B, and the secondary colours between.
And yes, I know it looks like Devin Townsend has got a massive erection on the music, but it was surprisingly difficult to find something usable to put there, without just using the logo for a band.

The upper row started with the music folder, where I found the picture of Devin and mucked about with the colours, and then iterated a few times through it.

But, because of said iterations, I feel like I've stared myself blind on this, so some 3rd party input would be much appreciated.

@@chef
@@shaefurr
@@AdrianW

post-535637-0-24414200-1574780216_thumb.png

gradient.zip

gradient_tweaked.zip

silhouette.zip

solid.zip

Edited by theothergenesis

shaefurr

I think they look good, maybe on the top row just add a slight white stroke to the font so its easier to read and pops more.

Great work!

AdrianW

And I like the middle row best - so, one vote for each so far.  

Although I'm having difficulty figuring out what the graphic is in the movies thumb.

theothergenesis

Cheers for the feedback.

@shaefurr: I realized the same, a few hours after posting, when I sat down in front of my TV and opened Emby. It definitely didn't look as good as it did on my PC monitor. Adding the streak helped some of them, but really messed with the contrast on most of them, so I did a few additional tweaks

@chef: I've attached zip files of each type, plus the newly tweaked version of the gradient ones.

@AdrianW: Something for everyone, eh? The movies thumb is a cutout from this painting of Brother Bear.

Edited by theothergenesis
  • Like 1