Can't connect to my server on Shield

sirchewie

Yes, in my earlier post I added a screen shot with the LAN address. 

Yes, but are you sure that is actually the correct IP address to access the server?  Sometimes, with things like phantom network adapters, it might be incorrect.

sirchewie

Is it this message?

Apparently it was a firewall issue.  Thank you for your help.  I forgot that I just changed routers as well and that triggered the firewall and I was not aware of it. 

I was just giving an example of how one person solved it. If we're talking about connections inside your local network then we should be focused more on the firewall of your server machine.

• 6 months later...
Fish21

I am having the exact same issue as OP right now. Cannot figure out how to connect.

I have done the following steps with no success:

- forward port 8096 on router (TCP and UDP)

- I have added a rule for port 8096 in the windows defender firewall (UDP and TCP)

- I tried turning off the firewall completely

I can access the server on de desktop running it. It displays the desktop IP address and port in the dashboard.

IP settings of the Shield is set to DHCP

The server is up to date.

But I keep getting the same error message as OP when trying to add the server manually. 

Edited by Fish21

1 hour ago, Fish21 said:

I am having the exact same issue as OP right now. Cannot figure out how to connect.

I have done the following steps with no success:

- forward port 8096 on router (TCP and UDP)

- I have added a rule for port 8096 in the windows defender firewall (UDP and TCP)

- I tried turning off the firewall completely

I can access the server on de desktop running it. It displays the desktop IP address and port in the dashboard.

IP settings of the Shield is set to DHCP

The server is up to date.

But I keep getting the same error message as OP when trying to add the server manually. 

Hi there, we'll help you in your topic:

Thanks.

• 1 year later...
vagoss2006

I am having the same problem. I have literally given up.  Was working perfectly fine for over a year and then it just crapped out on me and my nvidia shield and firestick refuse to see the server.  Have uninstalled and installed again, have removed firewall, restarted.  nothing works, even entered manually and does nothing.  I am beyond frustrated and have no clue what to do.   On my PC everything works fine.  on my samsung S21+ I can connect no problem.  on my wifes phone as well, connects no problem.  Firestick and Nvidia shield refuse to see the server.  I love emby and I'm considering going back to Plex even though I don't want to.

Edited by vagoss2006

10 hours ago, vagoss2006 said:

I am having the same problem. I have literally given up.  Was working perfectly fine for over a year and then it just crapped out on me and my nvidia shield and firestick refuse to see the server.  Have uninstalled and installed again, have removed firewall, restarted.  nothing works, even entered manually and does nothing.  I am beyond frustrated and have no clue what to do.   On my PC everything works fine.  on my samsung S21+ I can connect no problem.  on my wifes phone as well, connects no problem.  Firestick and Nvidia shield refuse to see the server.  I love emby and I'm considering going back to Plex even though I don't want to.

Hi.  This sounds like something on your network changed.  Please start a new thread with complete details of what you are doing and what is happening and we can probably help you find it.

Thanks.

vagoss2006
4 hours ago, ebr said:

Hi.  This sounds like something on your network changed.  Please start a new thread with complete details of what you are doing and what is happening and we can probably help you find it.

Thanks.

Hi Sir.  all working fine now.  absolute mystery to me.  but thank you for the reply.  if something comes up again, i will start a new thread. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/26/2021 at 12:17 PM, vagoss2006 said:

Hi Sir.  all working fine now.  absolute mystery to me.  but thank you for the reply.  if something comes up again, i will start a new thread. 

Thanks for the feedback.