Hulu Style Library Icons

atomicmoon

• 2 months later...
LiquidFX
22 hours ago, rlazaro said:

These library's look awesome! Dumb question but how is everyone able to make every category? Do I have make a new library for each one?

Yes, you have to make a new library. I use filters to select what is in the category, however filters don't work on some iterations of Emby. So, it will show all items in the library when viewing those, some people take the time to sort everything on the drive and don't have that problem.

• Like 1

On 2/22/2022 at 6:10 PM, LiquidFX said:

Yes, you have to make a new library. I use filters to select what is in the category, however filters don't work on some iterations of Emby. So, it will show all items in the library when viewing those, some people take the time to sort everything on the drive and don't have that problem.

Thanks for the reply. Looks like I got some work to do. Would it be possible to share your images? Love the look of all the different colors.

Happy2Play
9 minutes ago, rlazaro said:

Thanks for the reply. Looks like I got some work to do. Would it be possible to share your images? Love the look of all the different colors.

Link is in first post.

LiquidFX
4 hours ago, rlazaro said:

You can look through all of the ones @atomicmoon created, as he was the initial creator. Others have added some along the way that you may like as well. If you have anything specific, you can post a request, and someone will usually throw it up.

• Like 1

Is there a guide on how to create these types of libraries. Was trying to figure it out last night but just couldnt find a way to do it without deleting content.

Happy2Play
4 minutes ago, rlazaro said:

Is there a guide on how to create these types of libraries. Was trying to figure it out last night but just couldnt find a way to do it without deleting content.

You would manually put your media in these said folders and create a library for that folder.

But there is the strm files route also.  As strm is sort of like a shortcut to your existing file if you do not want to reorganize media.

Remember no subfolder can be part of any other library.

24 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

You would manually put your media in these said folders and create a library for that folder.

But there is the strm files route also.  As strm is sort of like a shortcut to your existing file if you do not want to reorganize media.

Remember no subfolder can be part of any other library.

got it.Thanks for the info. Ill try to look into the strm file route, got alot of media, so reorganizing will be lengthy process.

Edited by rlazaro

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...
grimevil
19 hours ago, Grumpy1 said:

can anyone explain how to change the colour in gimp . been trying to understand how to use it but am so clueless :)

Sorry no idea!, I use Photoshop.

4 hours ago, grimevil said:

Sorry no idea!, I use Photoshop.

thanks :) , i think i got it figured out just couldn't  edit my above post

• Like 1

Zander3768

👋 I don't post much but I really like these library icons and I wanted to share. I made a few more to cover all of the icons on my server library (i have a lot of genres lol). I also changed a couple pre-existing ones. I just thought I'd share in case anyone wants to use them. I just wish the Roku devices didn't resort to the low-rez (blurry) scales of these when people click the genera tab on top of all movies but I'm not complaining 😉. Otherwise they look fantastic especially in the browser! TYSM!

P.S. I was using Gimp for editing these. I couldn't figure out how to edit the gradient in the pre-made .xcf file so I just improvised and threw my own gradient on there and adjusted it accordingly. It looks awesome! TY 😁

ADULTANIMATION.png

ANIME.png

CHILDREN.PNG

LGBTQ.png

PRESCHOOL.png

SITCOM.png

STANDUP.png

WESTERN.png

CLASSIC.png

FANTASY.png

• Like 2

@ grimevil

looks good

what i did in gimp ( struggled for the longest time how to change the gradient colour) was

make sure the gradient layer is selected and then

-colors- Map - Gradient map

this changes the gradient to whatever your top colour is

doubt this is the proper way to do it but it seems to work pretty good

just in case you were interested :)

this is how it looks doing it the above way

image.thumb.png.4bd551dada0ca83c727d1fe7b1735b14.png

• Like 2

grimevil

Thanks, I did something similar in PS, not used Gimp in a while, may check it out again now :D

this how mine look

image.thumb.png.cf9cf3d784c4ee203d3c7c757fccf62c.png

Also my Sports library so people can see how it looks

image.thumb.png.d5b684fec0256c5046c7f15f3263940f.png

Edited by grimevil
  • Like 3

aspdend

image.thumb.png.a9cb61bce513f59a1c20aa896dc68dce.png

Still loving these icons - I used to have them all different colours but I didn't like the overall effect so now I use the straight black option - here's a selection of my 314 music genres

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
aspdend
14 hours ago, Dibbes said:

With all of these, nobody every made one for Karaoke? Strange...

If you heard my singing voice you would know why I dont have one for Karaoke

• Haha 4