Hulu Style Library Icons

atomicmoon

atomicmoon

With the new addition of the Soundiiz plugin, I'm going to start the long arduous journey of creating music genre icons in this style.
I'll start with my own library, and then I'll open the flood gates to requests. I realize the sub-sub-sub genres are going to keep me busy, but I think I welcome the challenge lol.

• Like 3

Red5ive

Hi Atomic, thanks for dedication to the cause!

Not sure if you saw my request below?

@@atomicmoon thanks for those, awesome work.

I had a go at adding the icons to your no text images for my main homescreen libraries and I don't think it came out too bad:

attachicon.gifHome.jpg

I'm wondering if you can make the gradient transparent rather than a colour on these four images? Think that might give a cleaner look.

I tried downloading the LITE .psd but it still only shows up as a single uneditable layer in gimp for me.

I have experimented with using your picture backdrops but replacing the txt with icons.

What I would like to try is instead of having a colour gradient making the gradient transparent. Is that possible for just the following 6 backdrop images:

post-525280-0-03527100-1582195474_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Steve

aspdend

With the new addition of the Soundiiz plugin, I'm going to start the long arduous journey of creating music genre icons in this style.

I'll start with my own library, and then I'll open the flood gates to requests. I realize the sub-sub-sub genres are going to keep me busy, but I think I welcome the challenge lol.

Brave man! but it will be very impressive when done! Looking forwards to it

• Like 2

atomicmoon

Hi Atomic, thanks for dedication to the cause!

Not sure if you saw my request below?

I have experimented with using your picture backdrops but replacing the txt with icons.

What I would like to try is instead of having a colour gradient making the gradient transparent. Is that possible for just the following 6 backdrop images:

attachicon.gifUntitled.jpg

Cheers

Steve

Hey and thanks for the feedback!

I believe it's possible, I'm just not versed with Photoshop as well as I'd like to be. I will look more into this, and follow up with any findings.

atomicmoon

Music Genres Phase One has begun!
I have added most of the genre's from my personal library to the Genre sub-folder on Google Drive.

I realize that music is very important and some are very passionate about their tastes and what they define the sub-genres of. Please note, that this is an ongoing project and that if I labeled a genre incorrectly or used an image you don't agree with, that changes and amendments and customized versions can be added.

At this time, you can start adding your requests to this post. I simply ask that you limit your requests to no more than 10 at one time to allow me time to work on them, and for others to get their requests in too.

If you have a specific band/image that you would like to be associated with the genre, please include a link to the image, or at the very least, name the band and I'll do my best to find them.

Try not to fill the post with full size images, links will work just fine.

Thanks for everyone's support and feedback with this project! 
I will continue to update the original post's change log as notable changes are made.

Cheers! 

Dibbes

It seems I'm missing a few for the genres in Videos:

• Other
  • Adult
  • Biography
  • Foreign
  • Indie
  • Musical
  • Short

For the normal libraries, I'd like one for the Game browser as well...

Would you mind?

Edited by Dibbes
  • Like 1

atomicmoon

It seems I'm missing a few for the genres in Videos:

• Other
  • Adult
  • Biography
  • Foreign
  • Indie
  • Musical
  • Short

For the normal libraries, I'd like one for the Game browser as well...

Would you mind?

All added to the Genres/Video folder!

I added some of the ones from my "personal stash" that I thought I had already added, such as Video Games. Thanks for bringing that to my attention!

The "Other" gave me some creative challenges lol, so if neither option are what you're looking for, lemme know and gimme some ideas, lol.

Thanks for the suggestions, and helping make this library more complete!

• Like 1

atomicmoon

Added 49 TV Network icons for mostly U.S. based networks. A few U.K. channels as well.

As per usual, requests and feedback are welcomed and appreciated to help make the library more complete!

• Like 2

Red5ive

Hey and thanks for the feedback!

I believe it's possible, I'm just not versed with Photoshop as well as I'd like to be. I will look more into this, and follow up with any findings.

Hi Atomic, any joy in making those with a transparent gradient? I would have a go myself but I cant get the template file to open in GIMP or my old version of Photoshop.

Dibbes

All added to the Genres/Video folder!

I added some of the ones from my "personal stash" that I thought I had already added, such as Video Games. Thanks for bringing that to my attention!

The "Other" gave me some creative challenges lol, so if neither option are what you're looking for, lemme know and gimme some ideas, lol.

Thanks for the suggestions, and helping make this library more complete!

I like them... the Other with the Scene board is pretty cool! I found I forgot one Genre, which is Children. Also Children's Movies is missing an Apostrophe and the Playlist library has a ~ in front of it. Don't know why  :) I think this is just my OCD acting up...

These are for me personally as I doubt anyone else has these libraries, but is there a chance you could do:

• Peliculas Españolas
  • Nederlandse Films

At the moment I'm using the generic movies tile for it and that looks pretty good...  :)

Edited by Dibbes

atomicmoon

Hi Atomic, any joy in making those with a transparent gradient? I would have a go myself but I cant get the template file to open in GIMP or my old version of Photoshop.

At this time I have not had any luck. 

I will continue looking into it, and if you would like, PM me about getting you the version of Photoshop that I'm currently using if that would be an option.

atomicmoon

I like them... the Other with the Scene board is pretty cool! I found I forgot one Genre, which is Children. Also Children's Movies is missing an Apostrophe and the Playlist library has a ~ in front of it. Don't know why  :) I think this is just my OCD acting up...

These are for me personally as I doubt anyone else has these libraries, but is there a chance you could do:

• Peliculas Españolas
  • Nederlandse Films

At the moment I'm using the generic movies tile for it and that looks pretty good...  :)

Thank you for the feedback and good looking out on the errors!

I've corrected both, and if you find more please mention them!

Also, added your requests, I did already have a Nederlands requested, but added yours in the syntax you asked for.

Spanish movies is listed as, ~Movies Spanish but it is in the syntax you requested, and I attempted to get cute with the color gradient, but not sure it'll be noticed, haha.

Children genre icon has also been added to Video Genre folder.

Thanks for your requests and feedback!!

• Like 1

Dibbes

Thank you for the feedback and good looking out on the errors!

I've corrected both, and if you find more please mention them!

Also, added your requests, I did already have a Nederlands requested, but added yours in the syntax you asked for.

Spanish movies is listed as, ~Movies Spanish but it is in the syntax you requested, and I attempted to get cute with the color gradient, but not sure it'll be noticed, haha.

Children genre icon has also been added to Video Genre folder.

Thanks for your requests and feedback!!

Wow! You're a machine! Didn't expect anything until at the very earliest on Saturday or so...!! Thank you very much!

I like the colour gradient better like this... just my taste, but when playing around with that, you may want to revisit the TV Series, Music Concerts and Cartoons ones... as I said, just my personal taste :-)

Edited by Dibbes

atomicmoon

Wow! You're a machine! Didn't expect anything until at the very earliest on Saturday or so...!! Thank you very much!

I like the colour gradient better like this... just my taste, but when playing around with that, you may want to revisit the TV Series, Music Concerts and Cartoons ones... as I said, just my personal taste :-)

As in, the darker gray style? Or the green, white, red from the Spanish movies? 

I was up, had the PSD still open and have been working on "prototype" network stuff, so I figured I'd knock those out. The ~playlists was driving me crazy as well, lol

• Like 1

Dibbes

The darker grey style... the ones I mentioned previously are too bright and really pull your attention away from the rest of the page

atomicmoon

These look really great. Would you be willing to add library icons for TV Movies and Kids Movies?

There's a Children's Movies already, but if you wish, I can create a duplicate and label it "Kid's Movies"?

I'll get on the TV Movies asap!

Thanks for the feedback!

atomicmoon

The darker grey style... the ones I mentioned previously are too bright and really pull your attention away from the rest of the page

I've been toying with the idea of creating single colored-libraries, I.E. gray, red, blue, etc of EACH library to allow unification and customization.....

Lemme get a few more things tightened down and I'll probably get going on those lol.

I'll start with gray and you can be my guinea pig lol.

• Like 1

atomicmoon

Last update for the day:

Added "Children's Movies / Kid's Movies" "Children's TV Shows / Kid's TV Shows".

Also, created a TEST AREA in the root folder. Inside there, you'll see a ~MEDIA LIBRARIES - GRAY with a few that you mentioned to get ya started.
I will be making all icons in single colors eventually, but for now I have to scoot off to the video mines of work.

Thanks for the feedback, supports and suggestions!

Cheers!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
Shidapu

I gotta say, these posters were the best in my liking. Using them now, and also thanks for the .pdf so i could create my own directories.

• Like 1

atomicmoon

I gotta say, these posters were the best in my liking. Using them now, and also thanks for the .pdf so i could create my own directories.

Thanks so much for the kind words and feedback! 

If you can, share some of your designs with the, "rest of the class" lol.

Shidapu

Thanks so much for the kind words and feedback! 

If you can, share some of your designs with the, "rest of the class" lol.

I only changed text to the directories. But when/if i get to it, to create something useful, i will provide. :D

Edited by Shidapu