Trakt histroy has 2 plays after finishing a file

invader
Go to solution Solved by vdatanet,

Suusepuus
18 hours ago, quickmic said:

@markdj @Suusepuus

Thanks for the log, I don't see any issues there, but you have very very much plugins installed.

I still think it's not an issue with the plugin. I performed countless tests, no issue.

Only way to prove it, please install a stock Kodi (on a PC or whatever) and just install next-gen plugin.

Perform a test and if it's raises the issues again, you can blame next-gen 🥴 I'll recheck as soon as this is confirmed. If not, you can install all you plugins one after another and see what causes the issue.

@quickmic Thank you for your suggestion!

I cannot reproduce the problem on a clean install. I will add the add-ons one by one and try to identify the source of the problem. 

• Thanks 1

Suusepuus
37 minutes ago, Suusepuus said:

@quickmic Thank you for your suggestion!

I cannot reproduce the problem on a clean install. I will add the add-ons one by one and try to identify the source of the problem. 

On my PC the problem was fixed after a clean install, but on my Nvidia Shield I keep having duplicates entries, even after a clean install. The only add-on I installed is Emby-next-gen 5.3.1. 

quickmic

That's really weird, probably a timing issue. Are you using native or addon mode?

Suusepuus
22 minutes ago, quickmic said:

That's really weird, probably a timing issue. Are you using native or addon mode?

I use native mode on my Shield and use Kodi's Library to navigate to the videos I want to play. On my PC I generally use the add-on to navigate, but the add-on is in native mode. 

I tried both methods on both devices:

- when I use the add-on, I don't have duplicates.

- when I use Kodi's Library, there are duplicates.

Edited by Suusepuus

quickmic
1 hour ago, Suusepuus said:

I use native mode on my Shield and use Kodi's Library to navigate to the videos I want to play. On my PC I generally use the add-on to navigate, but the add-on is in native mode. 

I tried both methods on both devices:

- when I use the add-on, I don't have duplicates.

- when I use Kodi's Library, there are duplicates.

Not sure if I get it. addon-mode or native-mode are option of the next-gen plugin (asked in the wizard, after a full db refresh or a new installation). The navigation is always the same.

So the question is what option have you selected does it happen in both modes.

BaukeZwart

Last couple of builds in Addon-mode are working without any Trakt issues for me on Shield. 

markdj

I’m using Native mode as well. Have uninstalled lots of unnecessary add-ons but nothing yet. Will continue to try.

Suusepuus
7 hours ago, quickmic said:

Not sure if I get it. addon-mode or native-mode are option of the next-gen plugin (asked in the wizard, after a full db refresh or a new installation). The navigation is always the same.

So the question is what option have you selected does it happen in both modes.

The option is set to native mode. In the skin I use I can navigate to TV Shows and select the episode I want to watch. When I do this, I get duplicates on Trakt. I can also go to add-ons, select Emby-next-gen, and then navigate to TV shows. In this case there are no duplicates on Trakt.

• Thanks 2

jankete

@quickmic I tried to update to latest next-gen beta (5.3.2) on my ShieldTV. The add-on installed without error, but than it seems to crash. Maybe this part of the logfile helps.

2021-06-01 16:19:24.385 T:1530    ERROR <general>: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                                    - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                                   Error Type: <class 'xml.etree.ElementTree.ParseError'>
                                                   Error Contents: no element found: line 1, column 0
                                                   Traceback (most recent call last):
                                                     File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby-next-gen/service.py", line 175, in <module>
                                                       serviceOBJ = Service()
                                                     File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby-next-gen/service.py", line 20, in __init__
                                                       self.Startup()
                                                     File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby-next-gen/service.py", line 32, in Startup
                                                       Xmls.advanced_settings()
                                                     File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby-next-gen/helper/xmls.py", line 125, in advanced_settings
                                                       xmlData = xml.etree.ElementTree.parse(Filepath).getroot()
                                                     File "/data/user/0/org.xbmc.kodi/cache/apk/assets/python3.8/lib/python3.8/xml/etree/ElementTree.py", line 1202, in parse
                                                       tree.parse(source, parser)
                                                     File "/data/user/0/org.xbmc.kodi/cache/apk/assets/python3.8/lib/python3.8/xml/etree/ElementTree.py", line 595, in parse
                                                       self._root = parser._parse_whole(source)
                                                     File "<string>", line None
                                                   xml.etree.ElementTree.ParseError: no element found: line 1, column 0
                                                   -->End of Python script error report<--

The latest stable 5.1.17 runs, but has the "duplicate playcount on trakt" problem. 😕

quickmic
15 minutes ago, jankete said:

@quickmic I tried to update to latest next-gen beta (5.3.2) on my ShieldTV. The add-on installed without error, but than it seems to crash. Maybe this part of the logfile helps.

2021-06-01 16:19:24.385 T:1530    ERROR <general>: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                                    - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                                   Error Type: <class 'xml.etree.ElementTree.ParseError'>
                                                   Error Contents: no element found: line 1, column 0
                                                   Traceback (most recent call last):
                                                     File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby-next-gen/service.py", line 175, in <module>
                                                       serviceOBJ = Service()
                                                     File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby-next-gen/service.py", line 20, in __init__
                                                       self.Startup()
                                                     File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby-next-gen/service.py", line 32, in Startup
                                                       Xmls.advanced_settings()
                                                     File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby-next-gen/helper/xmls.py", line 125, in advanced_settings
                                                       xmlData = xml.etree.ElementTree.parse(Filepath).getroot()
                                                     File "/data/user/0/org.xbmc.kodi/cache/apk/assets/python3.8/lib/python3.8/xml/etree/ElementTree.py", line 1202, in parse
                                                       tree.parse(source, parser)
                                                     File "/data/user/0/org.xbmc.kodi/cache/apk/assets/python3.8/lib/python3.8/xml/etree/ElementTree.py", line 595, in parse
                                                       self._root = parser._parse_whole(source)
                                                     File "<string>", line None
                                                   xml.etree.ElementTree.ParseError: no element found: line 1, column 0
                                                   -->End of Python script error report<--

The latest stable 5.1.17 runs, but has the "duplicate playcount on trakt" problem. 😕

Thanks, yes that helps. I'll send you a test version via PM... Probably tomorrow.

• Like 1

jankete

Beta 5.3.3 you sent via PM could be installed successfully and solved the the problem with duplicated playcounts on Trakt for me.

• Thanks 1

jankete

I have to correct myself. When I play something from the beginning to the end, it shows up only once on Trakt history with the timestamp of the end of the playback. But when I pause an episode for some minutes it shows up twice on Trakt history. The first one has the timestamp of the start, the second one the timestamp of the end of the playback.

quickmic
13 hours ago, jankete said:

I have to correct myself. When I play something from the beginning to the end, it shows up only once on Trakt history with the timestamp of the end of the playback. But when I pause an episode for some minutes it shows up twice on Trakt history. The first one has the timestamp of the start, the second one the timestamp of the end of the playback.

I'll check that, thanks for reporting.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
jankete

I tested the latest from beta repo. It's still the same. If I watch anything straight from the beginning to the end, it's counted only once, but if I pause the playback for a while or skip/fast forward some minutes, it is counted twice on trakt.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
tr0nllam

I recently switched to Next Gen and I'm having the same issue. When I watch something in Kodi, two plays are recorded, one of which is 5 hours earlier than the correct time.

It occurs in both native and add-on modes.

Edited by tr0nllam

quickmic
7 hours ago, tr0nllam said:

I recently switched to Next Gen and I'm having the same issue. When I watch something in Kodi, two plays are recorded, one of which is 5 hours earlier than the correct time.

Which version of next-gen are you using?

quickmic
On 1/9/2022 at 2:37 AM, tr0nllam said:

Confirmed, looks like a timezone issue. I try to fix it.