Trakt - Having random watch progress

negativzeroe
Go to solution Solved by vdatanet,

negativzeroe

Not sure how else to explain this, happened to both accounts mine and my wife within the last week. None of these things were watched recently and there is a LOT more that I've marked as played.

post-23438-0-59766000-1574650981_thumb.png

Edited by negativzeroe

tekanoma

I'm experiencing this as well. From what I can tell it appears it's no longer respecting the "Min resume percentage" setting for any of my libraries so watching anything at all and backing out puts it into the "continue playing" section of the home screen and the only way to avoid that is to watch it the point it's considered played. Even items played for less than a second are kept so so I've got a few "Resume from 0:00" items.

Another way I've found to remove them is marking it as played and then unmark it or vise versa to remove it but I'd rather avoid that as it would mess with my trakt history a bit too much.

I should also mention this is the beta docker running on unraid (Not sure if I should have posted this in the linux section of the forum) and I believe it started to happen after the last update about a day or so ago.

Edited by tekanoma

WilhelmStroker

+1 seeing this as well, started happening after the last server or trakt update. Pretty annoying having to mark them all as watched again. Can supply logs if required.

vdatanet

Yes, with last Trakt update, importing resume times from Trakt does not respect minimun resume time.

vdatanet

Previously Trakt only imported playback states (Watched / Not Watched). From the last update it also imports resume times, this is very good. But this import must respect the resume times set in the library. Resume times lower than that should not be imported.

Edited by vdatanet

Yeah I have tons of shows and movies sitting at like halfway.

Well, "halfway" is probably within your resume settings, no?

vdatanet

I don't think resume time is taken into account when importing from Trakt. I have some episodes with resume time at 1-2 seconds. These episodes have been started in continuous play in other applications (Infuse for Apple TV) and were cancelled immediatly after start.

Edited by vdatanet

WilhelmStroker

I don't think resume time is taken into account when importing from Trakt. I have some episodes with resume time at 1-2 seconds. These episodes have been started in continuous play in other applications (Infuse for Apple TV) and were cancelled immediatly after start.

yup I sometimes put on a playlist and skip through a few episodes and it looks like those are all added to up next.

That may be but "halfway" doesn't fall into that scenario so that user may not be seeing this issue.

sephrat

I'm having the same issue, using Trakt as well.

My "Continue watching" section is flooded with videos I only started watching for a few seconds (for testing purpose).

negativzeroe

Well, "halfway" is probably within your resume settings, no?

These aren't shows/movies that were already sat at halfway these are all media that have been either set as unwatched or watched. I personally am annoyed by things that I've watched showing as unwatched so I will actively go into the show or movies and mark as played.

Sometime within the last week, these all randomly started popping up without me having watched any of it, literally goes on for pages (I've literally checked all the ones that show up as played, refresh and more come up every time), individual episodes and movies.

Attaching log, removing+re-adding library folders does not resolve.

log.txt

Edited by negativzeroe

vdatanet

There's no need to start watching an episode in other platform. Do this:

- Start watching an episode in Emby and stop it at 2 seconds

- It's not in "Continue Watching" row

- Wait for Trakt sync or execute the import states task

- Episode appears in "Continue Watching" row, with resume time at 2 seconds

BorgKnight

There's no need to start watching an episode in other platform. Do this:

- Start watching an episode in Emby and stop it at 2 seconds

- It's not in "Continue Watching" row

- Wait for Trakt sync or execute the import states task

- Episode appears in "Continue Watching" row, with resume time at 2 seconds

I see the exact same thing as well. And, even if you then mark the episode as watched, when trakt syncs again you are back with the same episode in "Continue Watching" with resume of 2 seconds

vdatanet

I see the exact same thing as well. And, even if you then mark the episode as watched, when trakt syncs again you are back with the same episode in "Continue Watching" with resume of 2 seconds

I removed unwanted items playing them, going to the end of video and let the video end, It's the only way to remove them from continue watching.

Edited by vdatanet

negativzeroe

Now I have One Piece, a show I do not have, but appears to be a combination of Disenchantment and Young Justice from the screenshots.

Good thing I make nightly backups!

post-23438-0-87111000-1574711245_thumb.png

Edited by negativzeroe

Bazzu85

I'm issuing the problem too..

using the import playstate task re-insert in the continue watching random stuff..

edit: here's a screenshot

all the continue watching stuff are totaly wrong

post-176733-0-60277300-1574728010_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bazzu85

Add my name to the hat.

I have hundreds of entries in continue watching now. Also using Trakt. Marking as played is not enough and I can't go through all these videos manually.

This just appeared after I restarted my server. Not sure if its trakt or .26 latest server update. This was definitely not like this before.

Bazzu85

it seem to be a trakt problem for sure..

I tried to remove all plays from a episode (I don't know why is marked) and nothing works...

Also doesn't appear as though Trakt exposes anything in the WebUI to allow a user to see what episodes/movies are "in progress", so this may get quite a bit more messy.

Here's a snapshot of what I'm now seeing, it's not limited to items that have <60s play time. All these weren't in "continuing"  before the trakt update:

5ddc7d15a121a_ScreenShot20191125at81600P