Failover folders/paths in Libraries

syadnom

syadnom

I'd like to be able to add multiple paths for libraries but have duplicate between the two paths be handled as alternate versions. 

For example

d:\Videos\ + e:\Videos\ are added to 'Movies'

These two drives have effectively a mirror (rsynced daily) and I would like to see Emby add both paths for files and if there is a read error on the first drive tried, go for the second (or third etc)

Simple example, but more likely these paths will be network locations and more likely to be disconnected etc.  Another scenario might be a local and a remote path, would prefer the local but if that goes offline etc, try the remote.  Emby will already be scanning these files so something like a 'first order, second order' tag on the db and then a try list in the player...

• Like 3

funwithmedia

I think there's an existing feature request for this, or something very similar... Sadly, I can't remember enough to point to a specific thread, but I recommend doing some searching to see if you can find the thread(s) to perhaps add your support to. :)

syadnom

I searched but came up short, I also browsed through a few pages as well.

There is something kind of talked about in the high availability feature request but it's not quite blatantly stated that there might be 2 locations for a file.