Live Tile; how was it fixed?

SikSlayer

SikSlayer

I noticed for ages the Live tile did nothing, but I'm not sure it was fully broken, because I think only when I added a new show did it work, and only once to announce the new episode being added, and then never again until I added another.

So what was wrong with the live tile exactly? It's still not working for me, but I think maybe my expectations of what it should do are wrong. Do I need to have it running in the background?

Edited by SikSlayer

7illusions

It's fixed in the sense that if the server adds new data, the tile updates without the need of entering the app.

• Like 2

SikSlayer

It's fixed in the sense that if the server adds new data, the tile updates without the need of entering the app.

I haven't seen that happen. Is it supposed to run in the background? When I started the new version, it wanted to do so, I and I already have a bunch of other apps and couldnt pick one at the time, but don't know how to enable it anyway.

7illusions

Just bring out the charms menu and click settings -> permissions and enable the lockscreen feature and you should be good to go.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

My live tile has never worked.

I just put Emby on a new tablet but still no live tile. I'm not that bothered, it just doesn't look as nice or give info as my Netflix or Plex tiles do

7illusions

The live-tile only works on win8.1 machines for the moment. I haven't gotten around looking on the win10 code for it. 

• Like 3

The live-tile only works on win8.1 machines for the moment. I haven't gotten around looking on the win10 code for it. 

No problem and thanks for the info...

it's saves me trawling through the settings just in case I missed anything. For me the subtitle size in would be more important.

Koleckai Silvestri

I guess that is why it doesn't work for me. Has options to turn it on and off but doesn't do anything when on.

• Like 1

• 4 years later...