Mixed Content Library - How to Change TV Show to Movie

RalphK

Hello. I am a monthly Emby subscriber. 

I have a mixed content library that stores Christmas Specials. The initial scan of the library was not too successful so I decided to identify the thirty specials manually.

Unfortunately, many of them seem to have been identified as TV shows and when I try to edit the metadata I do not see any movie metadata. And, the metadata that I want to use is at TheMovieDB. But, I cannot enter an ID from TheMovieDB, only the TVDB.

Is there a way to change this special to a movie so that I can identify it using a MovieDB id?

Thanks for your help,

Ralph

Hi, no, you'd have to change the folder structure to use our movie naming convention. If you want to keep your TV folder structure, then you should just edit the metadata for the special manually.

I must not understand what "Mixed Content" is. I thought it allowed you to mix movies and TV, but are you saying that it is only for TV?

And how do I edit the the metadata manually? I have already tried to edit metadata from within a web browser but the desired MoviDB fields are not present.

Thanks for your help,

Ralph

Happy2Play

Mixed Content allows TV and Movies, but still requires them to be structured accord to there library types.  A episode (properly named) and movie can not be in the same folder as the detection system will make that entire folder a Series.  Same with Season Folders can make a the folder it resides in a Series folder.

Edited by Happy2Play

And how do I edit the the metadata manually?

I mean just use the emby editing tools to fill in the description, attach an image, etc.