Playback of Live TV being recorded

shpitz461

shpitz461

Hi,

I am recording an NFL game right now, wanted to start watching after about an hour, went to Recording section and clicked play on the show.

The circle just spins in the middle of the screen and nothing gets played. The recording plays fine while being recorded if I play outside of Emby Theatre.

Is it even possible to play while recording?

This is the 1st time I'm using Emby for Live TV,  I installed Win10 1909 and WMC no longer works (tuners are no longer recognized), so I have no choice. WMC was amazing for Live TV recording/playback/buffer.

Thanks

shpitz461

Similar behavior is when I watch the channel, let's say for 5-10 minutes, then I press the rewind to go back 5 seconds each press, it works the 1st time and playback is fine, but if I rewind or go forward again, the playback shows a black screen and playback never gets resumed after many seconds. I have to stop playback, go back to the guide, then click Play again. There's no buffering capability?

• 2 weeks later...
shpitz461

Thanks much, right now I have to wait for all recordings to finish and only then watch, or play them while recorded outside of ET. So when I records NFL games Sunday (4 games, several recording at the same time), I essentially have to wait to the next day if I want to watch them all.

shpitz461

Problem is the browser doesn't support tv remote operation which is limiting, but i'll see how that works this Sunday.

shpitz461

Yep, got the exact same keyboard, but actually i'm using this Lenovo multimedia keyboard:

https://www.amazon.com/Lenovo-Multimedia-Keyboard-Non-Backlit-0C51503/dp/B00BV9N3M6

Hoping Emby can make live recording/playback work just like it does in MCE.

I assume there is no buffering of live playback right? MCE used to reserve storage space for buffering that starts every time you switch to a channel.

frankmb

I'm not sure but I don't think so. I only switched to Emby a couple weeks ago and I setup a few local free iptv channels but I almost never watch live tv.

• 2 weeks later...
whyteknt

I have been waiting for this same timeshifting functionality (like wmc has) for a while.  Until it is added for emby (LG app), I still find wmc to have better functionality overall.   both systems had some advantages, but overall wmc is still my fave.   I keep waiting for the live-tv shifting while recording to be an added feature for the LG tv Emby app.   I'm sure it'll come at some point.   

shpitz461

Yeah, WMC can't be beat for the live experience but I can't get it to work on Windows 10 1909, getting tuner not found errors when trying to setup tv signal. Emby is annoying in this respect but it is what it is, hopefully they will improve live-tv record/playback.

• 1 month later...