Video not playing When Playback Mode Set To Add-on (Default) #2

twos50

Video is not playing at all

Emby Server version 4.3.0.26

Kodi add version: angelblue05, sualfred -4.1.16

I see there was a previous thread that was locked for the same issue, but that was for previous versions.  I believe this is still an issue.

Log is attached

embyserver.txt

sualfred

The addon playback is not supported on xbox because of the limited Python compatiblity. Native mode should work, if not you have to switch to EmbyCon.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

To fix some corner cases for addon playback we had to change the way playback is initiated l. Doing so, makes addon playback incompatible with xbox.

Ok, thanks for the explanation.  I'm tryig the native mode but I can't get that the work either.  the event mentions that I should use path substitution on emby, which I have setup.  I'm thinking I should have it setup on the Kodi for Xbox ONe as well.  My files are on a windows server and are shared on the network. However.and I don't see a protocol to use for windows when trying to setup a path within the Kodi file manager.  Do you have a suggestion? 

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Sure, here

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/plugin.video.emby/wiki/FAQ#native-playback-mode-steps-to-locate-files

Look, I will see if I can restore the previous playback approach as a legacy mode. I can’t promise everything will work correctly. But I’ll look into it tomorrow.

Edited by Angelblue05

Thanks for the link, however Kodi for Xbox does not include the correct Protocol to locate files on a Windows network (SMB).  Can you offer help on adding the (SMB) protocol to Kodi for XBOX one?