Glitches with servers

qnvy82

Hello,

My friend invited me to his emby server and i accepted. Now when I click on the home button, it constantly defaults to his server instead of my server and I have to keep going to settings to reselect my server. Really annoying. Also, when I click on “Manage Emby Server” I see his server settings and activity monitor. He says the same thing happens on his end. We are both pretty good at managing user settings. So this is definitely not user error. This is all on iOS. I’ve never experienced this on android. This has been going on for almost a year and hasn’t been fixed. Maybe it hasn’t been reported? Thanks.

-qnvy82

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like he gave you admin rights if you can manage his server.

Nope. Neither one of us grant admin privileges to each other’s account. This is a glitch. We can’t change each other’s settings when this happens. I can see all of his users and activity monitor, but I can’t change anything. The same thing happens on his end. Like I said, I’m pretty good at managing settings. I think you guys need to look into this. Thanks.

-qnvy82

• 1 month later...

Hello,

My friend invited me to his emby server and i accepted. Now when I click on the home button, it constantly defaults to his server instead of my server and I have to keep going to settings to reselect my server. Really annoying. Also, when I click on “Manage Emby Server” I see his server settings and activity monitor. He says the same thing happens on his end. We are both pretty good at managing user settings. So this is definitely not user error. This is all on iOS. I’ve never experienced this on android. This has been going on for almost a year and hasn’t been fixed. Maybe it hasn’t been reported? Thanks.

-qnvy82

Has there been any updates with this? This is still an issue. When you are invited to someone else’s server, it defaults / glitches over to their server randomly on iOS devices. This happens when you are managing your own server and have access to another through invitation. There are no admin rights given to either one of us. I am highly surprised that no one has reported this because it is really annoying. Thank you.

Edited by qnvy82

Can you give the exact steps to reproduce the problem? Thanks.

You need to be added to someone else’s server for this step to be reproduced. If you are managing one server (your own) you won’t notice anything. If you have access to a friend’s emby server, you will have to keep selecting “select server” multiple times in order to get back to your own and sometimes when you select “manage server” it glitches over to their server. You can’t change anything, but you can still see the activity and options on their server. This all happens on iOS. I am really really surprised that no one has complained about this because me and my friend experience the same exact thing because I shared my server to him as well. We do not grant admin privileges to each other. Thanks.

• 2 months later...
qnvy82

Emby intermittently switches servers on iOS while I’m navigating through the app. I am currently hosting my own emby server and I am connected to my friend’s emby server. This has been going on for over a year. Hopefully someone takes a look. Thanks.

Hi there, can you please describe this in more detail? What exactly happens? Thanks.

qnvy82

Hi there, can you please describe this in more detail? What exactly happens? Thanks.

As I’m navigating through the app, it randomly switches to the the second server. I’ve reported this numerous times and it still hasn’t been resolved. Not sure why no one is talking about this. It only happens on iOS. Have a friend add you to his or her server and use emby on your iOS device. You will surely see what I’m talking about then. It will just switch to their server without you initiating it

qnvy82

Ok we'll take a look. Thanks for the info.

This is the post where I’ve reported this issue before with the servers switching. This is not a me issue. There is an issue with Emby and iOS when you have more than one server under your account. You will NOT notice anything if your account is not linked to more than one server.

Is this only after switching servers while inside the app, or can you give steps to reproduce? Thanks !

• 1 month later...
qnvy82

Is this only after switching servers while inside the app, or can you give steps to reproduce? Thanks !

It looks like this issue has been fixed. I haven’t experienced this lately. Thanks for your hard work.