Windows 10 client not working anymore

mlapoint

mlapoint

I am having an issue with the Windows 10 client connecting to my Emby Server.

The client is connecting ok and I can click on Recordings or TV Shows and that works ok.  Then I click on Halfwits and Heroes which works ok.  Then I click on the episode I want to watch and that is where the problem begins.  I click on Episode 1 and it eventually comes back and starts playing but it is 15 minutes to 1 hour later that it starts.

This is the  list of how my Emby Server is setup:

Server: Ubuntu 18.04.3

Connects over Ethernet through a switch to my NAS where the data files are stored

NAS: WD My Cloud 4 TB

Connects back through the switch to my WiFi router

WiFi Router: Netgear R7000

video is sent wirelessly to my laptop

Laptop: About a 1 yr. old laptop that I have converted the 1 TB HD to two SSDs

Emby runs fine on both Roku's we have plus on my Samsung Tab S4 tablet and on the server itself so I believe this is a Windows 10 issue.

I will connect the Emby log.

Windows worked just fine for several years even though I was on a different Ubuntu version.

Please let me know how I can get Windows to work again.

Thank You,

Mike LaPointe

mike.lapointe@.com

Edited by mlapoint
  • Like 1

mlapoint

Ok, I removed the previous log and attached the actual log from my Ubuntu system (embyserver.txt).  Between 7:30 and 7:50 I tried playing 1-Heroes & Halfwits - Episode One.mp4 and it worked, but it didn't start playing for over 10 minutes.

Thank You,

Mike

mlapoint

Ok, I did check all of the drives and did find some errors in the WD My Cloud 4TB NAS.  I moved some of the data to the Ubuntu Machine and repointed Emby to it there.  Then I tried watching again on Roku and it works fine (still).  Finally, I tried watching on Windows Emby Theatre and it failed again.  I tried watching "5-Super Saiyan Buckland - High Rollers D&D - Episode 5 (14th February 2016).webm" and it is still not working.

I have attached the log from 8am to 8:12am.

Thank You,

Mike

Emby server log 3.txt

mlapoint

I just moved a .mp4 file into that directory and that seemed to work ok.  It took about 1 minute to play, but that may be the Linux machine's speed so I am not worried about it.

Thank You,

Mike