Sorting messed up since last update?

pefectflaw

pefectflaw

Earlier today my Emby updated:

----

Emby Server on Emby Server has been updated to 4.3.0.26
11/23/2019, 8:24:28 am
----

Since then the sorting on my Roku has gone messed.  I normally have things sorted by alpha, but now it seems to just randomly sort (Doesn't match by date, by added, by anything I can tell.  Just...random.)

If I change the sorting to something else, then back to alpha it's fine.  This is still problematic for 2 reasons:

1 - I can't sort the main screen, so my various folders are in random order now with no way to fix it.

((Edit:  Number 1 has been resolved.  You can change sorting from the Emby user panel.  Thanks!))

2 - Having to change the sorting hundreds of different sub-folders is a bit much.

- Is there a global setting I can use to change the default sort order pushed to apps?

- If not, is this a bug that might be fixed soon?

- If not...help?  Short of removing and re-adding all my libraries and praying, I can't think of any other way to fix.

Thank you.

Edited by pefectflaw

Hi.  This all happened on the server update?

What do you mean by "you can't change sorting on main screen"?  Which main screen?  Exactly where?

Are you using mixed content libraries or what type of libraries are we talking about here?

Do the same items display differently in the web app?

pefectflaw

Thank you for taking the time to help!

This all happened on the server update?

Yes, as of this morning when it updated.

What do you mean by "you can't change sorting on main screen"?  Which main screen?  Exactly where?

When you first login to the Emby app on Roku it brings you to the home page.  There I have my folders.  "Dr. Who (old)" "Movies"  "Music" "Mythbusters" etc...

About 20 folders in all.

They used to be alpha sorted.  Now they are not.  If I go to options, it gives me options for streaming resolution, default language, what server to connect to, etc...

No sorting option.

When you dig into the libraries themselves though, then I can fool with sorting options.  There's just no global option it seems.

Are you using mixed content libraries or what type of libraries are we talking about here?

Yes, mixed content.  It's all the same type of stuff (usually .mp4).

Do the same items display differently in the web app?

The Emby web app you mean?  The home page now that you mention it is sorted weirdly with Alpha as well.  

However, if I dig into any of the libraries it's fine on the Emby web app:

On my Roku however, the episodes are in a completely random order until I force a type of sort.

Which Roku app version are you on?

Version: 9.2.0
Build: 4750

The Emby web app you mean?  The home page now that you mention it is sorted weirdly with Alpha as well.  

Hi there, sorry to hear about this. You can easily correct this. Simply click your user icon in the top right -> home screen settings, and then you can re-order your libraries.

• Like 1

pefectflaw

You can easily correct this. 

Lovely, thank you for that.

Are you on Emby Roku channel version 3.0.193 or 3.0.196?

193.  When I check for updates, it says it's currently up to date.

directxbear

Greetings,

I am having the same sorting issue only on my Roku. My FireTV sorts correctly and the Windows Emby app does too. I have the latest Roku ultimate 2019 version. I'll see what I can find out about the channel version. When I make changes to the sorting in the Roku app, the changes don't stick.

Bear

Edited by directxbear

Greetings,

I am having the same sorting issue only on my Roku. My FireTV sorts correctly and the Windows Emby app does too. I have the latest Roku ultimate 2019 version. I'll see what I can find out about the channel version. When I make changes to the sorting in the Roku app, the changes don't stick.

Bear

Hi, sorting where exactly?

directxbear

Hi & thanks for the reply. I have all my movies in folders and I have Emby server all set up on a dedicated Windows 10 box. When I'm in Roku on my big screen TV and I open the Emby channel (ver.3, build 193) I click on Movies and then I click on folders. The folders are sorted randomly and some of the posters are stretched. I can go into the settings * and fix this, but as soon as I exit folders, none of the changes I made stick, it goes right back to the weird sorting again. Let me know what else is needed and I'll post it here. Thanks again for the help.

Bear

PS, this only happens on the Roku app/channel.

I'll get some screen captures and post them too

Edited by directxbear

Hi & thanks for the reply. I have all my movies in folders and I have Emby server all set up on a dedicated Windows 10 box. When I'm in Roku on my big screen TV and I open the Emby channel (ver.3, build 193) I click on Movies and then I click on folders. The folders are sorted randomly and some of the posters are stretched. I can go into the settings * and fix this, but as soon as I exit folders, none of the changes I made stick, it goes right back to the weird sorting again. Let me know what else is needed and I'll post it here. Thanks again for the help.

Bear

PS, this only happens on the Roku app/channel.

I'll get some screen captures and post them too

Thanks for the info. When you go into the * menu to fix it, what sort option does it say is currently selected?

directxbear

Hi,

Currently selected is Name and Descending, but it doesn't actually sort it that way.

I was wondering, where is it getting this default data? It doesn't seem to be getting it from the server, I'm guessing its stored in the Roku app.

Edited by directxbear

Hi,

Currently selected is Name and Descending, but it doesn't actually sort it that way.

I was wondering, where is it getting this default data? It doesn't seem to be getting it from the server, I'm guessing its stored in the Roku app.

Thanks for reporting. We'll take a look at this.

Happy2Play

I only checked Folder view in TV and Movies and the Sorting is jacked up until you toggle the option, but when you leave Folders and return they are wrong again.

Can one of you guys please send a log from the app after producing the bad sort result?

Never mind.  I think I've found it.

Thanks.

Happy2Play

Appears resolved to me in Beta channel 3.0.198.

Edited by Happy2Play

• 1 month later...
Scraggler

I just wanted to say how pleased I am with Emby support. I was having this same issue, downloaded the beta and saw that it was fixed. Coming from Plex, where issues like this are unresolved for months, it's awesome to see that users are actually cared about here.