NPVR channel groups

eddiepropane

eddiepropane

Hi all,

As ever, first thing I would like to thank all the hard working devs.

I have searched and whilst I can see questions about favourite channels I cannot see anything about channel groups so was wondering if there any plans to implement NPVR channel groups?

I have never used WMC/ServerWMC so I do not know if this is something that it does but I have used practically every other DVB solution available for Windows and they allow you to configure channel groups to easily organise many channels, I personally have took the time to re-create the full Sky UK channel list/groupings as it is easier for everyone in the house to use and really helps to put the 840 or so channels into easily manageable groups (Entertainment, Documents, Movies, Sport etc) which stops you having to trawl through a massive list of channels to find the one you need.

I feel this would also help with the other issues people are having (too many channels to scroll through, EPG taking too long, channel groups for each user etc).

Thanks, Bob.

Spaceboy

Slightly off topic but you are using nextpvr with UK sky? What are you using as your ci card reader? Presumably you're suffering from the loss of HD channels like the rest of us?

I use dvblink to wmc to serverwmc to mb3. We have no channel groups but would be useful as it would allow the separation of SD channels for lower powered / wifi devices

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

krustyreturns

I asked the mbs team about doing channel groups, they said they did plan on doing it, just not in the first rev of the live-tv interface.  It would be nice to get an update though.  

@@Spaceboy, you can set up serverwmc to just export a subset of channels to mbs, if you wanted a filter to just your sd channels.

Spaceboy

Cheers, no I want mb3 to make a subset available to different devices so would want the feature you requested

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

eddiepropane

Thanks for the reply Sven, the plugin is awesome and as you say for the moment I am looking forward to it at some point in the future.

Spaceboy, yeah same issues, sticking with it at the mo but may give in and have to get a new HD box at some point or possibly switch to VM ;)

On a side note, I've just realised I can play live TV in MBT now using my phone browser to forward it which is quicker than transcoding and at least I can use madVr and NNEDI3 upscaling on History to make Storage Wars look better haha

Again, thanks to all the devs.

Sven

Like krustyReturns told. Is not yet possible in the infrastructure.

First a stable livetv platform and mb in general. :)

Then we can change the infrastructure to add new features. :)