Orphaned transcoding files when using stream api in VLC

pünktchen

pünktchen

@@Luke i think that's some kind of a bug:

If i use something like

http://127.0.0.1:8096/emby/Videos/212327/stream.ts?videocodec=copy&audiocodec=copy&api_key=123456789
in VLC and Emby's ffmpeg job has finished before the VLC connection is closed, then the transcoding file doesn't get deleted after playback in VLC has stoped. Edited by pünktchen

pünktchen

Btw. is there any possibility to get the transcoded file names from within a NetCore plugin or how is the filename created, because it's always the same filename for the same library item?

because it's always the same filename for the same library item

No it's not. It's unique per session. Why do you want the temporary transcoding output?

pünktchen

I do not always want the temporary transcoding files but cannot prevent it for several reasons. So can you please just answer my question. How can i identify the file?

Currently you can't. It's random and there's no api to tell you. It would require new development to accommodate.

pünktchen

Oh man... Can i hope for a fix for the orphaned files in one of the next betas? I can imagine something similar also happens for some of the IPTV live tv users. If they watch a so called "on demand channel" then it's not a continous live tv stream but more like a file download. If Emby needs to transcode then ffmpeg pulls the file stream as fast as it can and has finished before the user stops playback.