• New Internal Player Interface

•  

is there a way to close it faster or make it dissapear faster

• New Internal Player Interface
  •  
    is there a way to close it faster or make it dissapear faster

53bae8857a042_inputactivity.png

Skopin

I love the new interface, but am having one problem. I use my XBox 360 as an extender, and I can't get videos to play fullscreen with the new interface. Any ideas? I looked through the thread, but didn't see anything regarding fullscreen issues.

I love the new interface, but am having one problem. I use my XBox 360 as an extender, and I can't get videos to play fullscreen with the new interface. Any ideas? I looked through the thread, but didn't see anything regarding fullscreen issues.

There is a whole thread on it :)Underscan after latest update

• Like 2

jojodancer

Mine doesn't crash, but I can't watch any videos at all now.. it acts like they are all on micro-fast forward.. I just get bits and pieces and only audio after an update..

I have the same issue.  My MKV's no longer play.  The video skips and the audio drops in and out.  Also before I could put 100 on my remote and it would skip forward 1 hour now im not sure where it is going to skip to now.  The interface looks great but is non functional for me I will need to go back to a previous version.

Edited by jojodancer

I have the same issue.  My MKV's no longer play.  The video skips and the audio drops in and out.  Also before I could put 100 on my remote and it would skip forward 1 hour now im not sure where it is going to skip to now.  The interface looks great but is non functional for me I will need to go back to a previous version.

you should be able to disable it in settings.

jojodancer

you should be able to disable it in settings.

Just figured out how to disable everything.  It works better but I have a few movies that still studder and it has already crashed on me once.  Is there an archive for the older versions i can download from?, it was flawless before.

I can see the audio decoding going off and on my receiver on certain movies.  The movies are MKV's with DTS-HD audio this did not happen before.  And if I perform a skip it makes it worse.

Edited by jojodancer

Just figured out how to disable everything.  It works better but I have a few movies that still studder and it has already crashed on me once.

Sorry about that. If you can provide a little more detail of the problem, I'm sure Ebr can help when he logs in tomorrow.

Please provide an MBC log from playback with these issues.  Nothing in the actual playback has really changed - unless you are streaming instead of direct playing the content.

Also, the usage guide pinned at the top of this forum tells you exactly how the skip functionality works.  It pretty much mimics the normal WMC behavior with some extra capabilities added.

Macburp

Thank you, ebr, and truly great work. Here's one "vote" for a defeatable or only-temporary pause overlay. Or, a much smaller, non-center-screen indicator.

+1 for this. I don't dislike the current pause image, but there are times when I pause the video to look at details on the screen. Pause indicator gets right in the way of that, and darkens the screen too. I personally think for this, less is more - so a smaller pause indicator would look better. 

I consider myself a tweaker :) so an option to change it would be good for me.

As always @@ebr, great work. And thanks for supporting us extender users out there.

Edited by Macburp

iam4uk

I can see I am in the minority with my pause-overlay opinion. Some have shared my view that an option would be good, if not too difficult to implement. Regarding ebr's observation that too many options are intimidating: I do not find that the case with software. Consider how many use a product like Photoshop, having no interest in most of the thousands of options/settings/functions.

A lot of people will stay away from a program like Photoshop because of the complexity and, instead, choose a simpler option (like Paint.net).

jojodancer

Please provide an MBC log from playback with these issues.  Nothing in the actual playback has really changed - unless you are streaming instead of direct playing the content.

Also, the usage guide pinned at the top of this forum tells you exactly how the skip functionality works.  It pretty much mimics the normal WMC behavior with some extra capabilities added.

I have a server that i stream videos from. Something change in regards to streaming?

I have a server that i stream videos from. Something change in regards to streaming?

What you call streaming and what I call streaming are probably two different things.  Please post a log with the issue.

jojodancer

What you call streaming and what I call streaming are probably two different things.  Please post a log with the issue.

I will get them when I get back home. What I call streaming is i have a server in one room and it streams movies to my home theater PC through a wired network in another room.

I will get them when I get back home. What I call streaming is i have a server in one room and it streams movies to my home theater PC through a wired network in another room.

Right but what is actually happening there with MBC (unless something is configured wrong) is that the files are just directly accessed via the network - not "streamed" or transcoded by the server.

steelman1991

1. It shouldn't appear when the volume is changed - this is dumb.

2. It hangs around for too long. I would like it to go away much sooner.

3. Skipping it a nightmare - when trying to move the forward or back just a small amount for some reason the numbers are clicked instead of the seek bar. I have to go further ahead/back than I need and then click again where I actually wanted (once the time is out of the way.

4. The giant ugly pause image looks like it should be clickable like the Windows 8 video player and many others - it's counter intuitive.

It's not ready in it's current state. I've unfortunately had to switch it off. It's more annoying than anything right now.

2. Then change it - its configurable.

nydude25

Why?  A visual cue like that is pretty standard in modern players.  It lets you know the video isn't just frozen or buffering or something like that.

Not sure what "modern" players you are referring to here. I just checked a few players, and none of them show anything except a still shot of the video. Nothing shows up when paused using MPC-HC, VLC or WMP. And both online in a web browser or using a PS3, there was nothing overlaying the video from HBOGO, Netflix, or YouTube. 

buddyweiser

3. Skipping it a nightmare - when trying to move the forward or back just a small amount for some reason the numbers are clicked instead of the seek bar. I have to go further ahead/back than I need and then click again where I actually wanted (once the time is out of the way.

4. The giant ugly pause image looks like it should be clickable like the Windows 8 video player and many others - it's counter intuitive.

It's not ready in it's current state. I've unfortunately had to switch it off. It's more annoying than anything right now.

4. I think it would be a nice feature to add clickability to the Pause overlay, though MBC is designed as a 10ft interface for use with remote. But @@ebr has tried his best to cater to as many users as possible so hopefully he can see fit to implement this?

1. The interface does not appear when I adjust volume, perhaps because I am on the Dev version @@ebr? Though honestly I never noticed if this was not the case previously.

2. If you go to the settings cog in MBC, under the Playback tab there is an option to increase or decrease the amount of time of inactivity until the interface disappears.

Most of your issues, as pointed out by others, are configurable.

The one they didn't address is the "skipping is a nightmare".  I assume you are talking about using a mouse?  As pointed out, MBC doesn't work too well with a mouse in general.

There are any number of ways to skip an exact amount within the video though.  They are all outlined in the usage guide pinned to the top of this forum.  You can skip ahead or back a default amount (configurable by you) or an exact number of seconds, or you can go directly to chapter points (with visual cues) or you can make it jump exactly to a specific time within the video.

Lots of skipping options that work very well in my experience so far.

Not sure what "modern" players you are referring to here. I just checked a few players, and none of them show anything except a still shot of the video. Nothing shows up when paused using MPC-HC, VLC or WMP. And both online in a web browser or using a PS3, there was nothing overlaying the video from HBOGO, Netflix, or YouTube. 

I am just referring to the general design and look of it - not necessarily mimicking any other actual player.  So far, the feedback on this particular item is still better than 2:1 positive even without taking into account the fact that people who dislike something are far more likely to speak up than those that like it.

I will make clicking on it with the mouse un-pause.  That is a good idea.

mitchger

Edited by mitchger

jojodancer

Right but what is actually happening there with MBC (unless something is configured wrong) is that the files are just directly accessed via the network - not "streamed" or transcoded by the server.

I uninstalled the klite codec and re-installed just in case and I am still having stability issues. Instead of troubleshooting these issues I would like to go back to the previous version. Is that available for download anywhere?

Don't get me wrong I like the way the new one looks its just not stable, for me amyway. Even when I turn off all the new features.

Edited by jojodancer

No, back versions are not available because, often, they aren't compatible with the server.

Again, if you will post an MBC log when you are having this issue, I might be able to tell what is going on.