Problems with new player interface

psmc

I pressed ff to skip ahead. Crashed, indicating I must either restart WMC or reboot computer. Logs unavailable at present, but I will look at them later.

Do you have Media Control installed?  If so, check the option to disable options that conflict with Media Control.

Darktree

Are you sure your >>| key is mapped properly on your remote?

I been using the remote for the last 5 years, and have never done anything to it, so not sure how I can even tell what its mapped to.

If I disable the new player and use WMC then skips forward 30 seconds using >>| as it always used to.

Was working okay to skip forward chapters in the previous beta, just the update this afternoon which seems to have stopped the functionality.

I will reboot PC and see if that has any effect.

iam4uk

Do you have Media Control installed? If so, check the option to disable options that conflict with Media Control.

I do not have Media Control installed.

Okay, well I'd really love to see the actual error but try checking that option anyway and see if it no longer crashes.  FF and Rew aren't really critical buttons anymore since you can do everything with skip and play.

MrWebsmith

I been using the remote for the last 5 years, and have never done anything to it, so not sure how I can even tell what its mapped to.

If I disable the new player and use WMC then skips forward 30 seconds using >>| as it always used to.

Was working okay to skip forward chapters in the previous beta, just the update this afternoon which seems to have stopped the functionality.

I will reboot PC and see if that has any effect.

@@ebr

im able to confirm this new >>| getting "ignored" issue.. <<| does jump back 10s... this is in .185 dev last night..

im going to post my harmony one's button maps/device profiles as soon as i can get into the account from here

appreciate the addition of the 10+play for 10mins feature..  now just need my normal skip ahead back and ill be 100% on the new interface again

Can I see a log when you are trying to skip ahead please?

Does it work when entering a number first?

Never mind.  I found it.

My attempt to support more keyboard shortcuts somehow affected the interpretation of the skip forward button.  I've removed the new shortcuts and I think the skip should work now.

Web - or anyone with the skip forward problem, please try dev version 187 and confirm it works properly again.

• Like 1

iam4uk

Okay, well I'd really love to see the actual error but try checking that option anyway and see if it no longer crashes. FF and Rew aren't really critical buttons anymore since you can do everything with skip and play.

Seems to be working with .WTV as per cuurent usage guide, with version .187.

MrWebsmith

initial test ok here to on skip >>|   ill do more just during normal useage tonight but go ahead ebr i know you wanted this out asap i think its ok

Okay, one more confirmation that all is okay and I'm going to move to release.

• Like 1

MikeyMan

Running into an issue here as well.

In the previous layout, the "info" button (Harmony remote) and the arrows right and left, opened up a menu.

Here i could choose some aspect ratio's and audio languages.

However; with the new interface i cannot seem to find these options. How do i alter these settings/access the menu?

fraenhawk

Running into an issue here as well.

In the previous layout, the "info" button (Harmony remote) and the arrows right and left, opened up a menu.

Here i could choose some aspect ratio's and audio languages.

However; with the new interface i cannot seem to find these options. How do i alter these settings/access the menu?

You don't. Those screens you're describing were a function of Media Center not Media Browser and the new player is no longer using Media Center. There's another thread requesting the zoom functions be added to the new player here: http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/7979-new-interface-no-zoomleft-click/

MikeyMan

Ok, that makes sense as for the reason it's gone.

However, zoom is one thing; audio track selection is another.

Ok, that makes sense as for the reason it's gone.

However, zoom is one thing; audio track selection is another.

What format file are you using that supports audio track selection?

If you require these functions you will not be able to use the new interface right now.  Simply disable it and you will get back what you had before.

fraenhawk

I was wondering the same thing. Unless you need to switch language tracks regularly because you're bilingual, I've never found a need to switch tracks from inside the file. I have LAV Splitter configured with my preferred audio and subtitle tracks so it picks them for me.

EBR, Now I can say that the new interface is perfect. Like that channels now do chapters and FF and RW are back to native commands. I gave my stamp of approval for release and I know people are going to love it and go wild haha. Not to mention we can now FF and RW on my xbox 360 and not have it skip to the end of file without migrating my whole collection to different formats. I dont know if that was one of your goals but you nailed it. Great Work!

• Like 2

Thanks for the feedback.  I think it will probably take a couple cycles to get the new interface to its full potential, but I really like the direction this takes it.

• Like 1

Osmosis

loving the look of the new player interface but have found one oddity that seems to be consistent. when in list view on chocolate (can't say anything about other themes cause who would use anything other than the sweet magnificence that is chocolate) if i hit the back button on either my remote or via mouse to get to the previous screen while a video is still playing, the video on that screen is no longer the one i was watching. it has apparently hit previous at least once and often more (IE if i am watching the 5th episode in a series and i hit back the show displayed is anywhere between the first and fourth episode) also (and this occurs a bit randomly) the order of the episodes are sometimes off. i hit the back button while watching episode number 5, previous screen is displaying episode number 2, i hit next and its episode number 4.

AdrianW

There's a couple of things preventing me from switching to the new interface - one is the fact that we can't get refresh rate switching (I'm currently using MPC-HC as an external player).

But, probably the bigger obstacle is that the wife hates it - and that's mainly because she needs to bring up the progress bar to see the remaining time, and then it significantly obscures any subtitles (she watches a lot of subtitles Asian dramas). I've set the timeout quite low, but it can still obscure a line or two of subs.

With MPC-HC pressing Ctrl-I (which I have mapped to the "info" button) toggles a small xx:xx / yy:yy remaining time display at the top left of the screen. Is there any chance of something like that with MBC? 

Edited by AdrianW

fraenhawk

loving the look of the new player interface but have found one oddity that seems to be consistent. when in list view on chocolate (can't say anything about other themes cause who would use anything other than the sweet magnificence that is chocolate) if i hit the back button on either my remote or via mouse to get to the previous screen while a video is still playing, the video on that screen is no longer the one i was watching. it has apparently hit previous at least once and often more (IE if i am watching the 5th episode in a series and i hit back the show displayed is anywhere between the first and fourth episode) also (and this occurs a bit randomly) the order of the episodes are sometimes off. i hit the back button while watching episode number 5, previous screen is displaying episode number 2, i hit next and its episode number 4.

Yeah, I hadn't written anything up about this yet because I haven't been able to narrow down all the details because it seems somewhat inconsistent for me. I've seen the same thing, where I am on episode 5 (I use the Chocolate "special" view) and when I am done, it shows the details for episode 4 instead. I know that many times when I'm at the end of an episode and the credits start playing, rather than hit stop I hit skip 30 seconds so that the show doesn't show up as 98% complete. I think that might be part of the problem, if I let it play to the end it goes to the right episode. Like I said, haven't tried all the possible variants to be sure the cause.

Osmosis

i don't usually bother stopping the episode, just hit back when at the end to change to the next episode. was planning to try watching something and hitting stop/back to see what happens but if you usually do that and get the same occurrence then i  guess that makes no difference? don't know if it has anything to do with this but from what i have read i think the seek bar should appear on mouse movement and i don't have that happening.

Edited by Osmosis