Horizontal View

STR8

Will the Roku be able to change between vertical and horizontal views like the Samsung TV and the xbox one app and if so any timeframe for that release?

Also I know it's the wrong place but any timeframe on the stable release of the Samsung Tv app?

• Like 1

Hi.  Specifically, where are you talking about?  The Home screen?

If so, we don't really have a plan to offer the legacy "Microsoft"ish view on these other platforms at this time.

Hello ebr,

Correct so the the movies, favorites and collections all show in the boxes and you will scroll left to right... is the reason is that roku may be to much of a hassle to incorporate this.

I like that view and it would be nice to have it if I'm going to have to use the roku devices because some apps are not yet available for smart tv's like philo etc...

• 1 month later...
Jack Burton

I was just looking for the same thing. Got a Roku tv, so the first thing I installed was Emby. Disappointed to not have the option for the Emby Theater look, like the app on my LG

Guest asrequested

It looks like a firm decision has been made not to use horizontal at all. This sucks! Vertical is crap! I'm clinging for dear life to the horizontal home screen in theater. If it leaves, I probably will, too.

No decision has been made to deny you of an option to use horizontal scrolling. The only decision that has been made is to go vertical by default.