TCL tv 43p6us

PrincessClevage

https://www.tclelectronics.com.au/products/series-p-43-inch-p6-uhd-smart-tv/

image.png

It is saying "Linux OS" but it is a Uncertified Android TV build. No Google suite. No Google proprietary code. It is only running Android TV in the barest sense of the word. It cannot legally even use the word "Android TV" anywhere on merchandising even though that is technically the OS it is running on Linux. That is the problem with uncertified. Those apps it does run may have custom changes to them to get them to compile/run on that OS. This may be why the amount of apps is so paltry. It does not offer an app store of any kind. Just pre-installed apps.

They pay alot for TV's in Australia (25-30% more than everyone else on average..the cost of importing) and for some reason that territory is underserved badly. I blame Telstra for all the problems down under. That may be why it is uncertified. Telstra may have got up in TCL's business. TCL had to prove piracy was impossible. Good way to do that cripple it with no app store. Same way Telstra got all up in Roku's business and have the unique Telstra Roku-powered app store of curated apps approved by Telstra. Telstra is the company keeping DVR recording illegal in Australia/New Zealand.

Edited by speechles
  • Like 1

PrincessClevage

Seem to know your stuff speechless, thanks.

So I can assume no native app is possible? I did have a brief read of some Russian forums that root this flare but not sure even if it would be possible then

Seem to know your stuff speechless, thanks.

So I can assume no native app is possible? I did have a brief read of some Russian forums that root this flare but not sure even if it would be possible then

You may be able to sideload the APK onto it. But the problem there is the APK sort of depends on either the Google or Amazon framework to work correctly. This is why there are two versions of Emby on Android TV.

There is no guarantee that using Titanium Backup(on another device) to create an APK to copy onto that TV will actually install/compile and then run correctly. You are free to try of course. It should not be required to root it to get the ability to sideload unless they have removed ADB access. As long as that TV has access to the ADB bridge over USB which it should then you can sideload via ADB.

Edited by speechles
  • Like 1