EMBY asking for security pib (password) every time I open WMC app

vanleeuwen

vanleeuwen

Anyone else getting asked for a password when opening EMBY in MCE? I have never seen this screen before but now can't get rid of it. In the EMBY MCE settings I have but login current user and remember password selected so no Idea this is happening.

Hi.  If you are using a recent server version (4.x) please be sure you are using the beta version of the Emby for WMC app.

Peter Nent

Upgraded EMby server v4.3.0.25 to 4.3.0.26 this morning and MCE v.3.0.317.0 (=beta) was already installed, but still, we have to enter the password or PIN at every EMBY for MCE start, although in MCE version set under 'Log In: Save Password = set' and within EMBTY server at the user: 'Don't require a password on the local network' and set a simple password, still after starting EMBY at MCE, it requires to enter a password.....very annoying...

Within Emby server, the log shows:

2019-11-23 13:37:44.686 Info UserManager: Authentication request for XXXXX has been denied.

2019-11-23 13:37:44.687 Warn HttpServer: AUTH-ERROR: 192.168.0.14 - Invalid user or password entered.
2019-11-23 13:37:44.687 Error HttpServer: Invalid user or password entered.

Please repair, so that we are still using a password, but that it doesn't have to be entered every start of Emby in MCE...

Thankx, Peter

Edited by PeterNent

Hi.  Try setting the EMC app to show the login screen instead of auto login.  Then login once and re-set it to auto.

Does it work then?

Peter Nent

Following your suggestion: 'setting the EMC app to show the login screen instead of auto login.  Then login once and re-set it to auto.', didn't solve the problem for me, but once MANUALLY entering the user and password, de-selecting and selecting again the auto-logon did solve the problem for us....

Thanks for giving us a hint how to solve it !

Regards, Peter

TheWorkz

I'm also having the same issue. Have upgraded to latest beta. Changed it to show users, unchecked save password and the tried to resetup but it still prompts for password every time.

Peter Nent

Probably interesting extra details: I remember that I had exactly the same situation a while ago (approx. 10 months ago, see: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/68983-emby-for-wmc-stuck-at-splash-screen/) when EMBY's way of encryption of passwords was changed....

Has anything changed again in the current EMBY server release v4.3.0.25 for this ?

Edited by PeterNent

I'm also having the same issue. Have upgraded to latest beta. Changed it to show users, unchecked save password and the tried to resetup but it still prompts for password every time.

Hi.  Did you try manually entering the user and password as Peter did above?

TheWorkz

Correct, I disabled and tried entering the username and password manually and then re-saving it.  It did not hold unfortunately.

Hi.  Did you try manually entering the user and password as Peter did above?

vanleeuwen

Mine seems to be working now. I only got this after a fresh windows/EMBY install and once had updated the server side setting saying to auto login locally it worked on MCE again (although I was asked to login when accessing via the web ??)

• 3 weeks later...