tvOS - Downloading Support?

mrmatt

Hello!  I've been using Emby for over a year now and I love it.  I have also just recently subscribed to Premiere because I wanted to support this software.

I was wondering if there are any plans to bring media downloading support to the Apple TV (tvOS) version of Emby?  I ask because, while I enjoy the on-demand streaming feature, there are times when I am traveling or camping in an area with very weak Wi-Fi or limited access, and this makes streaming not so feasible.  Being able to easily download my media onto my Apple TV from the Emby app in advance would really help mitigate this issue.  I'd also love to help contribute code to this project or post a code bounty for this feature, if possible.

Thanks much!

• Like 3

It's definitely possible for the future as the iOS app and tvOS apps continue to share more and more code.

• Like 1

vdatanet

Hello!  I've been using Emby for over a year now and I love it.  I have also just recently subscribed to Premiere because I wanted to support this software.

I was wondering if there are any plans to bring media downloading support to the Apple TV (tvOS) version of Emby?  I ask because, while I enjoy the on-demand streaming feature, there are times when I am traveling or camping in an area with very weak Wi-Fi or limited access, and this makes streaming not so feasible.  Being able to easily download my media onto my Apple TV from the Emby app in advance would really help mitigate this issue.  I'd also love to help contribute code to this project or post a code bounty for this feature, if possible.

Thanks much!

Keep in mind that Emby for Apple TV needs an Internet connection to work. The first step should be to remove this dependency.

Edited by vdatanet
  • Like 1