Windows 8.1 (64bit) Play error (NowPlayingInfo.GetName)

bobby21

bobby21

Hi all, 

I am currently in the process of revamping my home theatre setup and came across media browser yesterday. I really like it! It integrates 90% of what I would look for in a media centre - which far more than the competition (resume play across devices, web interface, slick dash, editable metadata via server or web interface, correct detection of metadata, list goes on),  It's also got partner approval for ease of use! I have stumbled across an issue though, so was hoping someone could help.

I am running media browser server version: 3.0.5271.29451 on Windows 7 64-bit.

I started out on Windows 7 for my client side, which seemed to work well for the most part (except some occasional video issue, but I think this might be solved with <UseCustomPresenter>false</UseCustomPresenter>)

The problem is that I have opted for my client to be Win 8.1 due to options I can set on my box for increased boot time so now I am running: Media browser theatre version: 3.0.5265.16010 and the windows version is 8.1 64-bit.

The interface loads fine and starts to pull through content for the dash, but when I go to a particular film whether via the folders or the Movies section, I get an error at the top of the screen:

post-4290-0-25118900-1402486841_thumb.jpg

Music is able to play fine through the folders. This issue is not present using the web interface, so I do not think it is a server issue.

Here is the log: http://pastebin.com/ebddWcdM

Any ideas, as Media Browser would be my ultimate HTPC solution if I could just get this fixed :D

Edited by bobby21

bobby21

No. Same error as you though. And I didn't get this error with plugins in Win 7.

Edited by bobby21

fibertech

That is strange. I resolved my issue by removing the current trailers from showing until they updated it. Everything is working OK for me now. I wish I could help you more because I know it is frustrating.