Parental controls auto tag if same show

mardymarvin
Go to solution Solved by mardymarvin,

mardymarvin

Hello,

I am wanting to setup some live TV shows that I record to either have a specific tag eg KIDS or even set the Parental Rating to a specific item. I know you can do it per show but that involes me everytime going in and changing it after every new recording. Is there a way to say any show that is in this series is set to a certain parental control or tag and it does it automatically

mardymarvin

I have tried that but it did not seem to populate down to the items within the parent folder. Or does it only do this for new items that a recorded within the parent folder and I would have to manually change what is currently there.

They don't populate down but they do still apply in terms of parental control tag features, if that's what you were planning to use them for.

mardymarvin

the senario I have at the moment is I have tv series in the shows section and on that main item I have setup the parental items. Then within the shows it lists all the episodes. however I have found that unless I then tag each episode with the parental rating my child is not able to see it. So I wanted a way to tag all episodes within the show.

so the meta data on the show folder is set to PGU for example

but on the episodes within the show folder the meta data is blank so this does not then show up in my childs profile becuase I have used the option do not display if not age rating. this is the bit I am wanting to auto populate is on the episodes aswell so they can see them

Ok well if you set the parental control age restriction then the tags are not meant to override that, if that's what you're trying to do.

mardymarvin

Thank you for your response I will keep playing perhaps there is something I am not doing incorrectly.

The one good thing though is I am so glad I jumped from plex lifetime to emby lifetime as so far its way better and more reliable especially when using the live tv from the HDRunner box.

• Solution
mardymarvin

I have solved the issue and it was becuase I need to then refresh the metadata on the main folder which I assume does something somewhere. I thought it would do this automatically but I can see why it does not.