Mimmicking Kodi's 'Best Match' Audio Output Functionality?

nmkaufman
Go to solution Solved by Guest asrequested,

Well I would check that the auto values do according to mpv docs, and that's what our auto settings will do.

Guest asrequested

That actually makes sense. Theater is setting auto-safe, which will fall back to stereo.

var audioChannels = options.audioChannels || 'auto-safe';

5ddf484090808_Annotation20191127200403.j

nmkaufman

Actually, ok this is strange.

I was testing my settings by running mpv directly (the one that actually comes with emby (C:\Users\admin\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Theater\system\x64\mpv\mpv.exe))

And the behavior is completely different vs. when I actually open the same movie in Emby.

Could ET be pulling settings from somewhere other than C:\users\admin\appdata\roaming\mpv\mpv.conf?

I think maybe ET's default audio-channels setting is overriding my config?

Everything works fine if I just run mpv, but in Emby Theater I just get stereo. Very weird. I'm about done for tonight, though. This is just becoming an obsession at this point.

Edited by nmkaufman

Guest asrequested

What audio channel settings are you using in Theater? Choose an audio layout, not auto. I think the settings in Theater may be overriding the mpv.conf audio-channels options.

nmkaufman

It's.... working. It's freaking working.

Some combination of my .conf flags ^^, setting ET to 'exclusive mode' and manually setting it to 5.1 channels freaking did it.

I tried deleting my .conf, and it stopped working. So there's definitely one of the flags that's not working in the UI. Maybe the exclusive mode one?

Now that it's working, here's a short clip demonstrating what I was trying to explain earlier.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/EsHPhHGFwSdtmmBW7

Emby is actually able to change the audio output settings on my computer to match the video I'm watching. Friggin' sweet!

I know this probably isn't going to matter to 99.9% of people, but this is a friggin' triumph as far as I'm concerned.

Thanks for both of your help!

Guest asrequested

Interesting. Yeah, it's probably the exclusive line in the mpv.conf, combined with setting the channels config. I forget what, but there is a circumstance in which the audio-exclusive setting in Theater, gets disabled. Putting it in the mpv.conf, ensures that it always works.