Trailers quality

raudraido

Happy2Play
2 minutes ago, pinkruntz said:

Cant believe its been 4 years and this is still an issue.

Do you have a suggestion?

But yes there are several topics on this as sourcing material is the issue.

sydlexius
1 hour ago, pinkruntz said:

https://www.traileraddict.com/trailerapi

You can use this and set it to at least default to 720p.

Just have users input their own api key. 

I couldn't find a way to register for an API Key without having to sign up using a Facebook account.  Is that the only type of account they support?

memc

Cant Emby source trailers from IMDB or TMDB? Works well for PreShow Experience (CinemaVision fork) in Kodi.

Quality can be set to either 480p, 720p or 1080p

1 minute ago, memc said:

Cant Emby source trailers from IMDB or TMDB? Works well for PreShow Experience (CinemaVision fork) in Kodi.

When we download metadata for a movie from MovieDb, we do capture the trailer urls that it provides. Usually those just point to youtube.

Happy2Play
5 minutes ago, memc said:

IMDB no as they want a pretty penny to utilize any information of theirs (legally).

TMDB does not have trailers.  But do have links to YouTube trailers that users assign to media.

But the issue overall here is more toward upcoming/future movies ie the Trailer plugin.

• Agree 1

memc
30 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

IMDB no as they want a pretty penny to utilize any information of theirs (legally).

Looking at the Kodi log, the PreShow Experience addon appears to scrape from IMDB, so I understand your reasoning.

Junglejim
1 hour ago, Happy2Play said:

TMDB does not have trailers.  But do have links to YouTube trailers that users assign to media.

But the issue overall here is more toward upcoming/future movies ie the Trailer plugin.

Yep, older movies usually have a nice quality trailer via youtube. The same can't be said for new/upcoming releases to theaters/digital unfortunately.

Edited by Junglejim

InsaneJester

Been using Trailers and Vantage point for a while.  The trailers have been mostly 720p.   But last two months I can't even seem to get 480p its been like 240 or so.  Why isn't there a way to choose between quality or an auto setting?   Still don't see why we haven't gotten the 4k or 4k HDR or even Dolby Vision trailers yet.   But right now I would love to just get back to 720p or better.  

Happy2Play
1 minute ago, InsaneJester said:

Been using Trailers and Vantage point for a while.  The trailers have been mostly 720p.   But last two months I can't even seem to get 480p its been like 240 or so.  Why isn't there a way to choose between quality or an auto setting?   Still don't see why we haven't gotten the 4k or 4k HDR or even Dolby Vision trailers yet.   But right now I would love to just get back to 720p or better.  

Is there a source that is giving them away?  Until the devs can work out a deal with a provider or come across a good source we get what we get.  But yes the current option has the lowest quality yet.