Trailers quality

raudraido

Jdiesel

The current source is Trailers. When I browse the website all the trailers are in HD. Is emby just linking to the 480p versions?

• 2 weeks later...
Jdiesel

Can a dropdown be included in the trailers plugin to change the quality? It looks like the link location just needs to have the filename ammneded to reflect the quality. 

https://trailers.apple.com/movies/sony/jumanji-the-next-level/jumanji-the-next-level-trailer-2_h480p.mov

https://trailers.apple.com/movies/sony/jumanji-the-next-level/jumanji-the-next-level-trailer-2_h720p.mov

https://trailers.apple.com/movies/sony/jumanji-the-next-level/jumanji-the-next-level-trailer-2_h1080p.mov

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
miyamoto

Is there any update to this? Trailers are still streaming in 480p quality.  Just upgraded to a better projector and they're unwatchable.  Is there a setting or anything we can do?

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

raudraido

Plugins states that it shows HD Trailers. HD starts from 720p actually :)

I do not undestand what is preventing to move to higher quality. Thats mad.

5e761b707b27d_Capture.png

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Pulseeey

Plugins states that it shows HD Trailers. HD starts from 720p actually :)

I do not undestand what is preventing to move to higher quality. Thats mad.

Most likely the API they're using or something to get the trailers as he mentioned looking for a better source, but bare in mind they have to provide that then to possibly thousands of Emby servers so that's quite the task I bet.

Perhaps they can just use Youtubes API like Kodi does, and ask the user to put their own API key in. Hopefully something will be implemented in the next stable.

miyamoto

Hopefully someone else can create a trailer plugin, it seems that the current one purposely is pulling 480 content for some reason. 

• 2 weeks later...
Jdiesel

It seems that Apple's Trailers host is just inadequate and has been for a long time now. It almost seems as if they are purposefully throttling downloads.

I was able to update the paths in the database to increase the quality. The issue is that the server needs to be stopped to run the commands and will need to be run periodically as apple adds new trailers.

BACKUP YOUR DB BEFORE ATTEMPTING ANY CHANGES

1. Stop Emby

2. Open database, for me it is

sqlite3 /path/to/library.db

3. Replace the path for all trailers with

UPDATE MediaItems SET Path = replace( Path, 'h480p.mov', 'h1080p.mov');

for 1080p or

UPDATE MediaItems SET Path = replace( Path, 'h480p.mov', 'h720p.mov');

for 720p

3. To exit run

.quit

4. Restart Emby

I had better luck with 720p trailer over the 1080p ones.

Edited by Jdiesel

• 1 month later...
Ralph's Emby

Hi,

Have a big problem for the Trailers app, after install, went to settings selected Trailers for incoming Movies, Theater, Blu-ray and Netflix... My problem is I got like 5 New Coming Soon Movies for Yr 2020 and the rest are from 2017, I mean like 100 Trailers. all in Blu-ray and Netflix are way outdated and in Coming Soon is 10% ok and 90% outdated. I had uninstalled and re-install the app and nothing, is the same.

Run the App, try to scan, modify but nothing seems to work or fix the Yr. C'mon 2017 are 4 Yr old.

How I can resolve this issue ?

• Thanks 1

K1ng_Lear
13 hours ago, Ralph's Emby said:

Hi,

Have a big problem for the Trailers app, after install, went to settings selected Trailers for incoming Movies, Theater, Blu-ray and Netflix... My problem is I got like 5 New Coming Soon Movies for Yr 2020 and the rest are from 2017, I mean like 100 Trailers. all in Blu-ray and Netflix are way outdated and in Coming Soon is 10% ok and 90% outdated. I had uninstalled and re-install the app and nothing, is the same.

Run the App, try to scan, modify but nothing seems to work or fix the Yr. C'mon 2017 are 4 Yr old.

How I can resolve this issue ?

Same issue here, too.

DeanoDublin

I love the idea of trailers but the quality is absolutely terrible, making the feature unusable. 

Hopefully it can be sorted but to be honest, I’d recommend removing it as an advertised feature for Premiere until it is sorted in order to stop people getting pissed off about it. 

Just my 2c...

• Like 2

miyamoto

I agree with Deano, I purchased Premiere in part because of the trailers plugin.  I know Luke said that they were working on it back in December but we still don't have a fix 7 months later. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
DeanoDublin

It’s very disappointing that this has not been resolved yet. 

Even an short term fix of manually listing a pool of trailers that would be randomly played? Anything??

Either way, this does not work and should be removed as advertised functionality. 

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...
miyamoto

A month later, and no update?  @Luke any update?  This is honestly my only major problem right now.  Its crazy to watch a movie in the home theater and before the movie have 480p quality trailers.  

• Like 1

I just signed up for Premier for this feature - any updates on resolving to 1080p trailers (or even 720p)? I didn't even know they publish 480p trailers on the internet any more lol.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

DeanoDublin
10 hours ago, Hun said:

I just signed up for Premier for this feature - any updates on resolving to 1080p trailers (or even 720p)? I didn't even know they publish 480p trailers on the internet any more lol.

It’s terrible that this has gone on so long. To me it looks like the Emby team simply ticked a box to get this to work. The fact that the quality is so absolutely terrible that it makes the functionality unusable seems not to matter. 

I would love to hear from even ONE Emby user that uses this feature. 

• Agree 1