Emby for Kodi Addon: Continue Watching Status Resetting

Dave3000

Dave3000

I have the Emby for Kodi addon installed in Kodi 18.5.  Occasionally, content that is under the Continue Watching category disappears and as a result the watch status of what I was watching is reset.  This happens about 3 seconds after exiting the video I was watching but not done watching but plan on continue watching it at a later time, so it has nothing to do with my resume points that are set in my Emby Server.  I also tried the EmbyCon addon and don't experience that issue with EmbyCon but I find EmbyCon much slower at loading stuff than Emby for Kodi.  I tried native direct and addon paths but the issue shows up with both these settings.  I'm also using Kodi and Emby Server on the same PC and running Emby Server as a service.  I'm also using Launcher4Kodi to launch Kodi.  Anyone know how to fix my issue about my watch status being reset occasionally when using Emby for Kodi addon for Kodi?

Dave3000

I think I just found why my continue watching status was dropping out of Emby for Kodi. To get around this issue, I have to wait until the Emby Server service has loaded in the background, waiting for the Welcome to Emby Server notification, before I start watching content through Kodi, to make it sync with Emby Server.  If I don't wait for this welcome notification and just start watching as soon as the picture in thumbnail shows up under Continue Watching, then Emby Server ignores what I'm doing in Kodi.  I have verified this through checking out the dashboard in Emby Server while playing something through Kodi with the Emby for Kodi addon.  Is it necessary that I must wait until the Emby Server to fully load in the background before attempting to watch something through Kodi with the Emby for Kodi addon for the watch status to sync with the Emby Server.  Is this waiting for Emby Server to finish loading while in Kodi necessary before I can watch something in Kodi and have my current watching status synced up to the Emby Server?  If I watch something in Kodi before Emby Server is finished loading, shouldn't the Kodi database send a handoff to Emby server once Emby Server finishes loading?  

• Like 3

Angelblue05

For now, yes it is because getting the item from the server before playback starts is the only flag the addon has to know whats playing in Kodi is Emby content.

Dave3000

Is there a way to make Kodi still seem like it's loading up, such as not show anything on the screen or show a loading circle until the Emby for Kodi addon is finished loading up so that I don't accidently start watching a movie before my Emby Server is detected by Kodi?  I just want Emby Server and Kodi to be in sync before I start watching something in Kodi so watch status does not reset on me and I don't want to remember to wait each time I start Kodi.

Edited by Dave3000