Version 4.3.0.25 available or not?

bobaldis
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

bobaldis

Dashboard states new version available, nothing available on DSM Package Center, restarted Emby, DSM and disabled/re-enabled Autoupdate.

Is repository OK?

Bob

5dd5d6b2bc95b_V43025.png

Happy2Play

Thanks looks like I dodged a bullet  :)

Bob

It is really hard to say unless we have someone that is using a synology report the issues, as I has no issues with my update from 4.2.1.0 to 4.3.0.25 on Windows.

• Like 1

cochize1

there is already 4.3.0.26 showing in my emby dashboard but nothing shows in DSM for my Synology. Does it need some time to pop up or is there any other way to update? 

Edited by cochize1

Bigmack3000

This will be my first time updating.  So it will just pop up in the package center at some point today?  Do I need to do anything in particular?

Burrito78

What irritates the users here is that it's nagging you in the server to install the newest version but there is always a delay up to a week until solabc does the Synology build, testing and release through the Synology Package Center. Maybe it's possible to only display the update prompt for Synology users if the update is really ready?

Regards,

Burrito78

Glad it's not just me. This has had me chasing my tail for hours & hours & hours thinking I'd screwed something up.

Agree with Burrito78. The notification needs to withheld, or made more informative about potential delays.

Still, I really enjoyed uninstalling and reinstalling Emby, and rebuilding my (over 5000 file) library - and I tell lies!

@@Luke, kann man tatsächlich was am Update Prozess von Synology ändern? Das drauf warten bzw. ständige Fragen der Nutzer nervt ungemein.

Danke für ein kurzes Feedback. 

Herzlichen Dank für deinen Einsatz!

Viele Grüße,

Seger

--------------------

@@Luke, can you really change the Synology update process? That's what's waiting for, or the constant questions of users annoying.

Thanks for a short feedback. 

Thank you very much for your commitment!

Many greetings,

Seger
Edited by Seger

stratumorien

I'm not sure if James @Solabc is around these parts anymore... Havent seen a post from him in some time....

Bri

artstar

Seems like it might be a very good idea to hold off because my Emby management page is telling me a newer version (4.3.0.30) since yesterday's mention of version 4.3.0.26.

I'm guessing issues are being found along the way or am I getting notification of betas that I haven't allowed my Synology to access?

Seems like it might be a very good idea to hold off because my Emby management page is telling me a newer version (4.3.0.30) since yesterday's mention of version 4.3.0.26.

I'm guessing issues are being found along the way or am I getting notification of betas that I haven't allowed my Synology to access?

mine is still tell me 4.3.0.26 (without any real update from synology)