Stream Quality Settings In App

Scott310

Scott310

Hey there,

I have a remote user that is using a roku premier. I personally don't have one but a few of my remote users do. All of them are direct streaming just fine except one user has it transcoding down to less than 1 meg on a 100 meg connection. I think someone may have accidentally messed with his video quality settings in the app. Can anyone help me by maybe sending a couple screen shots to explain how to change this back to auto?

Thanks!

image.png

Press down while the video player is playing the video. FInd the gear/cog and click it the below menu opens.

image.png

It shows repeat highlighted. But you want to use the QUALITY button to change quality. The very top button. Once you click this the quality menu opens and they can choose their resolution they want to use along with a bitrate.

Scott310

Thanks! Is this setting also still in the options menu as well or only during playback? Once you change the setting will it stay for all future playback? I assume it will.

Thanks! Is this setting also still in the options menu as well or only during playback? Once you change the setting will it stay for all future playback? I assume it will.

Yep. Press the * (star/asterisk) button when the app lands on the HOME screen. It will take you to settings. From there find DISPLAY Playback and in that will be VIDEO QUALITY which is same as QUALITY in the video player.