4.3.0.25 path for tv shows lost

rechner123

Bunnyhunter

@luke 
I see the same behavior.

after update to 4.3.025 all directories are deleted in my media libraries.

re scanning doesnt help at all.

Rjoancea

Add me as another that experienced this issue; server was fine and stable last night, noted unavailable today and when I went in all folder paths were blank.  Re-added folders for movies / tv and in the process of rescanning right now

i have only used the Backup Plugin once and that was to restore a user - not sure if it was on this Stable server - doubt it - i think it was on a test server i was messing with

Well - there is something up as its re written the options.xml files for my Music and TV libraries - and in so doing removed the path info - rest of options appear correct in the options.xml file from a very quick look

the mblink files still has the correct path - although thats not used now

Oh and one side affect of all this is i have to manually add lots of artists images as these are not saved in the library folder/artists of old - Fantastic improved that was - as all the images and db info has now been nuked - arh

Cant wait to see what mess i am going to get with TV and the TVDB issues - just waiting on Music to finish "initial" scan

Is it possible you setup the libraries by copying programdata folders from your previous install? Or do you think you did it all with the UI?

Bunnyhunter

did it, doesnt help at all.

same on two servers.

thanks for your support !!

Hi there, sorry to hear about this. Can you try running a library scan? Thanks.

Edited by Bunnyhunter

Hey @@Luke

This is not good. :( I got the 25 update and only my movie related libraries are showing ant content. A library scan kicked off with the update. It ran for 25 minutes and seemed to delete metadata data for all libs other than movies. I have thousands of lines like below in the log.

2019-11-20 17:01:11.691 Info App: Deleting path C:\Users\XXXXX\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\metadata\library\f5\f52e12b02966976ab87d3f44ad16d8e0
2019-11-20 17:01:11.692 Info App: Deleting path C:\Users\XXXXX\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\metadata\library\92\92306ae8ab7eee023467767d38dad539
2019-11-20 17:01:11.692 Info App: Deleting path C:\Users\XXXXX\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\metadata\library\cb\cb5cb68cd4dc9079038d4ba754231002
2019-11-20 17:01:11.692 Info App: Deleting path C:\Users\XXXXX\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\metadata\library\ca\cafb8b1b47bf235ea15d1bd82e1deb26
2019-11-20 17:01:11.692 Info App: Deleting path C:\Users\XXXXX\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\metadata\library\65\65aaa4a25721aecfd7cc647f4f5748bf
2019-11-20 17:01:11.692 Info App: Deleting path C:\Users\XXXXX\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\metadata\library\08\0873ebf5cf87a6589b77f622c39d33fa
2019-11-20 17:01:11.692 Info App: Deleting path C:\Users\XXXXX\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\metadata\library\dd\ddb715c612de67860ed92b9bc2c0fe2d
2019-11-20 17:01:11.693 Info App: Deleting path C:\Users\XXXXX\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\metadata\library\a1\a17af227e54f14f03f4f369c14f18936
2019-11-20 17:01:11.693 Info App: Deleting path C:\Users\XXXXX\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\metadata\library\56\565bab2244ed38162b5bb4608acb65b6
2019-11-20 17:01:11.693 Info App: Deleting path C:\Users\XXXXX\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\metadata\library\e6\e621acf5f9a4b79c6631bc3c26e30ad3
2019-11-20 17:01:11.693 Info App: Deleting path C:\Users\XXXXX\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\metadata\library\61\61081339e9ae5ad95b947bc5e0bdd660
2019-11-20 17:01:11.693 Info App: Deleting path C:\Users\XXXXX\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\metadata\library\d6\d62f4fa7484c9e8e479e59c4cbe15f91
2019-11-20 17:01:11.693 Info App: Deleting path C:\Users\XXXXX\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\metadata\library\f9\f997130dc5f5ff2d615a2f8d8c650b82
2019-11-20 17:01:11.693 Info App: Deleting path C:\Users\XXXXX\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\metadata\library\12\124a05f161cee84414e3429ffec86fc7

None of the folders show up under the missing libraries.

this is a screenshot of my music lib.

5dd5bcba4a070_lib.jpg

Obviously I can add back in the folders and do a rescan, 

But with the deletes I fear that any metadata that is not stored with my media will be lost.

How am I supposed to proceed? 

-vicpa

Bunnyhunter

Do you remember what version you first installed fresh?

sorry but I have no idea as the server runs till more than three years, but it autoupdates to new releases.

so it was on the latest version before the update.

Hope that helps

PS:

Maybe I had a reinstallation 1,5 years ago, can't remember as I never had issues with the server.

Edited by Bunnyhunter

Techie-v2

I too have lost all my configured folders from all my libraries after an auto update to 4.3.0.25 today, it was all fine yesterday.

A complete library scan completes instantly and does not bring anything back.

5dd5cc314b5ad_emby.jpg

Techie-v2

Exactly the same issue for me as i have mentioned here https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/79481-43025-path-for-tv-shows-lost/

Auto update to new version today and all folders from all libraries are missing.

Edit to include logs...

My log files contains....

2019-11-20 22:29:27.253 Info LibraryMonitor: Stopping directory watching for path M:\Media\Movies 2019-11-20 22:29:27.269 Info LibraryMonitor: Stopping directory watching for path M:\Media\Photos 2019-11-20 22:29:27.285 Info LibraryMonitor: Stopping directory watching for path M:\Media\Music 2019-11-20 22:29:27.300 Info LibraryMonitor: Stopping directory watching for path M:\Media\Music DVDs

Edited by Techie-v2

Rjoancea

Readding the folder paths and then scanning hasn’t populated any media for me.

Tried dumping the sources altogether and adding fresh Media Libraries and configuring them from scratch with folder paths configured, went through rescan, and still nothing.

So as of now emby isn’t looking usable for me =/

Happy2Play

I just updated my stable from 4.2.1.0 to 4.3.0.25 and didn't loose any libraries (made sure I had a full backup of Emby-Server folder before hand just in case). Only thing I noticed different during update was C++ 2015-2019 14.23.27820.0 installation popup (didn't check previous version installed), library scan kicked off on startup and took 2 minute 13 seconds

So is there a common denominator on how library paths were entered?  Did the libraries have multiple folders?

All my libraries had Local and network share paths.

Rjoancea

I just updated my stable from 4.2.1.0 to 4.3.0.25 and didn't loose any libraries (made sure I had a full backup of Emby-Server folder before hand just in case). Only thing I noticed different during update was C++ 2015-2019 14.23.27820.0 installation popup (didn't check previous version installed), library scan kicked off on startup and took 2 minute 13 seconds

So is there a common denominator on how library paths were entered?  Did the libraries have multiple folders?

All my libraries had Local and network share paths.

I had the C++ update as well.

My libraries were network share paths and 1 folder per library for me.

Apologies for the disruption. If any of you have a backup of the server's programdata folder from before you updated, if you could send me a zip of the following:

/programdata/root
/programdata/data/library.db

I can look at what an affected system looks like prior to updating and hopefully get a patch out. Thanks.

@@Tremas

@@unibeta

sarutobi

Good night, this update has already gone up to my server asking to restart to update. I want to know if it is already stable and secure. My library is quite large with paths to local and network folders. Thanks in advance

Happy2Play

Good night, this update has already gone up to my server asking to restart to update. I want to know if it is already stable and secure. My library is quite large with paths to local and network folders. Thanks in advance

No one knows what systems or configuration this issue affects.

What OS?  You can delete the update from the updates folder to prevent the update from being processed, in Windows it is in the Emby-Server/programdata (C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\updates).  But will be downloaded again after restart unless disabled via the dashboard-settings.

You can back up your entire Emby installation like me but I think there could OS variables.

Note the update has been pulled from github.

Edited by Happy2Play

sarutobi

No one knows what systems or configuration this issue affects.

What OS?  You can delete the update from the updates folder to prevent the update from being processed, in Windows it is in the Emby-Server/programdata (C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\updates).  But will be downloaded again after restart unless disabled via the dashboard-settings.

You can back up your entire Emby installation like me but I think there could OS variables.

Note the update has been pulled from github.

Thanks for the quick response, I will adopt the steps above and wait for the update already with the necessary corrections. Thanks again for your attention.

Thanks for the quick response, I will adopt the steps above and wait for the update already with the necessary corrections. Thanks again for your attention.

troyhough

I have not had any issues yet with the new update. Knocking on wood...

Thanks fellas for the continued good work.

• Like 1

Having emby running as a virtual machine and taking a snapshot prior upgrading makes it a breeze rolling back.  :D

@@Sahne, did you run into the issue? If yes can you send me what I mentioned above? Thanks !

I believe this will be isolated to users who were running Emby Server prior to version 3.5. If your first install of Emby Server came after that, I don't think you'll have any problem.

Rjoancea

I believe this will be isolated to users who were running Emby Server prior to version 3.5. If your first install of Emby Server came after that, I don't think you'll have any problem.

Can say that I’m probably using a pretty old initial install, so that would track for me...don’t know if there’s an easy way to show what initial version was the first install, let me know if there’s any way to pull that or if it’s even helpful for you Luke.

Think there’ll be a fix to this, or is there a chance we’ll have to go a more nuclear option?

Can say that I’m probably using a pretty old initial install, so that would track for me...don’t know if there’s an easy way to show what initial version was the first install, let me know if there’s any way to pull that or if it’s even helpful for you Luke.

Think there’ll be a fix to this, or is there a chance we’ll have to go a more nuclear option?

Can you send me the info I requested above? Thanks.