Adjust recording times on Fire TV

Scotty0844

Scotty0844

I'll start by thanking the developers for all their time and effort. I have been using Emby in various capacities since the Media Browser days and fully switched over from Media Center about 3 years ago. Emby has come a long way in the time I have been using it. I have a friend that is stuck on Plex even though he constantly complains about them not listening to their user base. This seems to be a widespread issue over there. So thank you guys for listening to us and trying to make our requests a reality. </praise>

Now on to my request. I have set default recording settings to start 2 minutes before and 2 minutes after the shows scheduled time. This works fine, however I like to change the ending time to 30-45 minutes after the scheduled end of football and hockey games so if they should go into to overtime that is also recorded. In a browser and from my phone I am able to adjust this but not in the Fire TV app. If you guys could please add a recording settings button in the Fire TV app that would be awesome. Thanks again.

• 3 months later...
Scotty0844

I know this is an old thread but I stumbled upon something this weekend and felt the need to share it. You can edit the start and end times on a single recording in the Fire TV app. After you set it to record go back to the guide and move the selection up or down and then back to the program you just set to record and select it. Now the settings button is there and you can adjust the times. Hopes this helps someone else.