Transferring collection data (incl. cover-art) from 3.2.36.0 to 4.2.x

FBecker.privat

FBecker.privat

Hi!

This is my first post to this blog - so please tolerate "stupid questions" as I'm neither familiar with this blog nor am I a native english speaker.

The problem I'm facing:

I'm storing movies on a NAS in my private network at home.

By running Emby server 3.2.36.0 on a Windos 7 PC I created many collections and spent ours and ours in creating cover-art and other informations as a lot of the movies are documentaries and other stuff that is not "auto identified" by emby.

Later I decided to change the PC to another one running Windows 10 and I installed emby in a much newer version (it was 3.8.x if I remember right). Doing a backup on Emby server 3.2.36.0 (via backup plug-in) and importing it to Emby 3.8. was not really doing what I wanted to, The collections have been basically restored but without additional movie-infos and cover art! So I decided to run the Windows 7 PC for another few months ... never change a running system :-).

But as running Windows 7 is no longer a good idea I want to do this excercise again - now switching from 3.2.36.0 to the newest version of emby server.

Any solution or advice for correct workflow for preventing me to spent an enormous amount of time again for re-creating my collections incl. cover-art? How to get all (!) movie informations copied?

I'm very thankful for any kind of help!

Frank