sony 55XBR-X905F app audio stereo only

Daniokki

Hi @@ebr,

I have send a log report from the AndroidTV app from my server « Hyp3rD » with the user « Salon ». UTC-5

The first media is a movie the I can’t have the EAC3 audio working, but the second one is a Tv Show with EAC3 that work perfectly.

What is weird is that the two files have EAC3 5.1. The one that not working have 448kb/s 16bit and the one that working is 640kb/s 16bit.

I hope that we can find a solution.

Thank you

Hi.  What exactly does "not working" mean?  What happens?

Both items are direct playing and passing the audio off to your equipment untouched.

Sorry, English isn’t my first language.

When I play movies with EAC3 5.1 448kb/s, I have no sound, the soundtracks doesn’t work.

But, when I play Tv Shows with EAC3 5.1 640 or 384kb/s, I have the sound on each soundtracks.

I have see that the movie is directplay and the sound bar show the same led to indicate that she receive the same audio input, but when it’s movies, no sound come from...

I have tried on English and French track, all work on tv shows, but nothing on movies...

I did other tests and found out by activating "Stats for geek" that when the audio is 448kb/s, the audio bitrate is indicated as "unknown" while when it is 640kb/s or  384kb/s, it is indicated correctly.  I think it's the player who can not really identify the audio parameters, so the rest does not follow ... The codec is correctly identified (Dolby+ (direct))

Edited by Hyp3rD

The player is passing the audio to your system untouched so I actually think it is your soundbar that is not dealing properly with that bitrate...

I continued my tests and I think that indeed, it is a possibility.  Would it be possible to have an option to choose the audio formats that are "passthrough"? So the server can transcodes EAC3, DTS and other formats less compatible with soundbars?