sony 55XBR-X905F app audio stereo only

Daniokki

Daniokki

The receiver doesn't necessarily have to know it is ARC.

Can't you just Hook the ARC channel to your receiver (on any input) and then just use that input on the receiver to hear the sound?

i have already tried that and it wont work, i think its because the ARC port on the tV is an input.

While it was connected that way, did you check your TV settings to see if there was somewhere you needed to tell it to send audio out the ARC?

Daniokki

While it was connected that way, did you check your TV settings to see if there was somewhere you needed to tell it to send audio out the ARC?

the TV let me configure for TV speakers and Audio system. let me check right now.

Daniokki

the TV let me configure for TV speakers and Audio system. let me check right now.

just tried, and nop. nothing happens the receiver wont get signal from the ARC input.

Daniokki

this is weird, becase in this case i'm getting 5.1 with the same movies that have 640kbp/s that is not supported by the TOSLINK.

so my only alternative is get a better receiver :(, i just got the TV, my wallet is crying.

btw that comaprative table is great.

Edited by Daniokki

Guest asrequested

It's probably resampling the audio. And you're sure you can't get ARC to work? That would support the audio.

Edited by Doofus

Daniokki

It's probably resampling the audio. And you're sure you can get ARC to work? That would support the audio.

i don't think it would work but i will keep looking into that.

but i don't have so much hope

ARC capability requires handshaking, therefore both "ends" of the HDMI link must be ARC-enabled (and on the right HDMI port) for ARC to work. It's that way for most of HDMI options - lowest common denominator principle.

ARC is very simple in concept. It's designed for listening to audio generated by a TV tuner (or server) on the AVR. This is opposite of the way audio and video normally flows (from AVR to TV). It is done as a separate audio stream that uses a separate connection within the HDMI cable to send a low datarate audio signal back to the AVR. The AVR must have the appropriate chipset to read the connection as well as software/firmware to process the audio data. That's why both the TV and AVR must be ARC compatible for it to work. It's a separate audio stream from the normal one.

The ARC audio is limited to the following:

1) 2-channel stereo

2) 2.0/5.1-channel Dolby Digital compressed audio

3) 5.1-channel DTS compressed audio

None of the high resolution audio codecs (such as Dolby TrueHD or DTS-HD MA) can be sent over the ARC connection. Some TVs also limit ARC to only TV- generated audio and don't allow external audio to be "backed" through the ARC.

An ARC-enabled AVR will have a menu option to allow selection of standard HDMI audio or the ARC audio for the HDMI input dedicated to ARC.

If your AVR is not ARC-enabled, you can get the same audio by connecting an optical (or coax, if available) digital audio output from the TV to the AVR, as Otto mentioned.

Edited by Daniokki

Guest asrequested

But the bandwidth of ARC would support 640Kb/s. It won't support E-AC3 but core audio it will. But all of your equipment has to also support the requirements.

Guest asrequested
Daniokki

• 2 weeks later...

Same there with EAC3. Can we have a option to disable EAC3 passthru like the dts passthru one or a option to force transcode on audio only?
Thank you!

nitz.walsh

I have the same problem with the Sony of a friend, EAC3 doesn’t work with is soundbar... I have to use Kodi with embycon, it’s does the job, but it’s more that slow with the low performance smart processor of the tv... Emby is 100 more faster...

I have the same problem with the Sony of a friend, EAC3 doesn’t work with is soundbar... I have to use Kodi with embycon, it’s does the job, but it’s more that slow with the low performance smart processor of the tv... Emby is 100 more faster...

If the soundbar is connected via optical, that won't support DD+.

It’s connected via HDMI...

If it is using standard ARC then that also won't support DD+ I believe.

nitz.walsh

I will the next time I go see him, thank you.

What’s is weird if that he doesn’t have problem with Netflix et Amazon with EAC3... To follow :-)

Guest asrequested

I will the next time I go see him, thank you.

What’s is weird if that he doesn’t have problem with Netflix et Amazon with EAC3... To follow :-)

Are they actually playing DD+ or just Dolby?

Daniokki

well my solution was to use emby for the same things I always do and Kodi on my 4k TV :(

Edited by Daniokki

Hi @@ebr,

I have send a log report from the AndroidTV app from my server « Hyp3rD » with the user « Salon ». UTC-5

The first media is a movie the I can’t have the EAC3 audio working, but the second one is a Tv Show with EAC3 that work perfectly.

What is weird is that the two files have EAC3 5.1. The one that not working have 448kb/s 16bit and the one that working is 640kb/s 16bit.

I hope that we can find a solution.

Thank you

Edited by Hyp3rD