Sign In Error

davide999

davide999

I've installed the current App on an iPad running macOS 13.3 and an iPhone 6 running 12.4

This afternoon neither device would connect to the Emby server running on MacOS 10.15.1, the system suggested that the username or password was incorrect. I reset the password, rebooted the iMac, but both devices report the same 'Sign In Error, Invalid username or password. Please try again'.

Within the last hour I've installed the latest beta version of the server on the iMac but the error message is still the same.

Does the Emby server software hold the old password somewhere that I need to delete?

davide999

Pin code? 

I went into the Community on my iMac and selected ‘forgot my password’. The system first sent me a link to reset my password and subsequently sent me a new password. With this new password I logged into the Community and changed the password to something I created. Now I can no longer connect my mobile devices as the password is not accepted but it works on my iMac.

davide999

Following your prompt I've returned to the system and again reset the password. This time the system used a Pin Code and the issue is resolved. Thanks.

In regards to your response in post #3, your Apple iMac credentials are not the same thing as your emby credentials. You do understand that, right?